The Student Room Group

What do you do in A level phycology?

Hello,
I am thinking of taking A level phycology next year but before I make my final decision please tell me what it involves. I have aspergerrs syndrome so will it be hard for me to take this subject? Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks.
Depends on the exam board, OCR for example is based on designing and evaluating studies while other boards focus more on psychology as a science and carrying out experiments.
Original post by Spectacular
Hello,
I am thinking of taking A level phycology next year but before I make my final decision please tell me what it involves. I have aspergerrs syndrome so will it be hard for me to take this subject? Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Hey

i have completed my a level psychology course only last year. For my course it we looked at theories and studies over different topics like social psychology social learning theory , biological psychology etc . Mostly involved just reading and understanding theories and studies, the essays we had to had to be objective instead of subjective. Its not hard at all just have to read and learn the studies and theories , and critique arguments with other theories and studies.
Your Asperger's won't stop you from studying psychology well - you don't need any real intuition into how people think, it's all based around evidence and science.
Reply 4
Thanks for all answers

Quick Reply

Latest