The Student Room Group

Capgemini Higher Apprenticeship, anyone joining this year?

Scroll to see replies

If you're still watching this thread applications are open now. :smile:
Just sent my application off for the Degree Apprenticeship, but it says starting November 2015? Isn't it a bit short notice? I thought it'd be for next September.
I would say that that is probably just a typo on the form. I can ask about it? For now I'd just assume that it should say 2016.
Original post by Matthew Hoy
I would say that that is probably just a typo on the form. I can ask about it? For now I'd just assume that it should say 2016.

Yeah that'd be great thanks. Will do, cheers.
I sent a message the other week but I didn't recieve anything back. I don't know if yougot anything?
Reply 445
Is it too late to send off my application for September 2016? I've just finished refining it...
Nah you have plenty of time for 2016 applications. I applied for april 2015 in january this year so you're fine.
Reply 447
** 2 DAYS LEFT TO APPLY ** (www.lseaic.com).
Interested in Finance, Private Equity, or Hedge Funds? Apply now to the London School of Economics SU Alternative Investments Conference 2016 - by simply dropping your CV on our website at www.lseaic.com - before the 1st of December 2015.

ALL APPLICANT CV’S WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO TOP RECRUITMENT FIRMS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS!

So what is the LSE SU Alternative Investments Conference?The LSE SU Alternative Investments Conference is the world's largest student-run conference on hedge funds and private equity, bringing together over 30 speakers and 350 delegates from across the world.

We are delighted to confirm an incredible line-up of speakers this year:- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of the Carlyle Group- David Bonderman, Founding and Managing Partner of TPG Capital- Guy Hands, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Terra Firma- Paul Singer, Founder and CEO of Elliott Management- Rachel Lord, Head of iShares (EMEA) at BlackRock- Yoel Zaoui, Founding Partner of Zaoui & Co- Douglas Haynes, President of Point72 Asset Management- Lionel Assant, Head of European Private Equity at Blackstone- Simona Paravani-Mellinghoff, Head of the Fiduciary Business at BlackRock- Alexander Friedman, CEO of GAM Holding- Simon Patterson, Managing Director at Silver Lake- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder and Co-Managing partner at SkyBridge Capital- Effie Datson, Senior Managing Director, Global Head of AIS Product Management at State Street

Students are encouraged to apply to attend this unique conference which is not only a great learning opportunity but, as past delegates can confirm, a fantastic networking experience that could lead to the possibility of internships / full time jobs in one of the most competitive industries.

**Register NOW at www.lseaic.com**

Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/-r5gBR7sK7M

Where? Marriott Hotel London Grosvenor SquareWhen? January 18th and 19th, 2016

If you are interested in Alternative Investments, this is the place to be !Apply now!For further questions, please contact us at [email protected]

Warm regards,
the AIC Team
I have just applied to Capgemini. I have A/B/B predictions in Biology / Psychology and History (got AAC at AS), any tips on getting in, what do you think of my chances?
I'd say your chances are pretty good. You dont really need to have any technical knowledge coming in just the aptitude to be able to pick it uo when taught and the right sort of personality for Cap. As far as advice goes be yourself - I know that's cliché but it's the best I can give you. If you can be yourself and work well in a team, if you can pick up new skills easily enough then you're in with a good shout.
I'd say your chances are pretty good. You dont really need to have any technical knowledge coming in just the aptitude to be able to pick it uo when taught and the right sort of personality for Cap. As far as advice goes be yourself - I know that's cliché but it's the best I can give you. If you can be yourself and work well in a team, if you can pick up new skills easily enough then you're in with a good shout.

Would you say that a free (worse) degree + 70K in bank from a (worse) uni like MMU/Aston is better than a top 20 RG uni, stronger degree (Computer Science) and 60k of debt?

I am struggling to decide between Newcastle (BBB) for CompSci and the Degree Apprentice. I also don't want to miss out of the social scene of Uni, live in halls, join / lead socities and what not.
For me it's the apprenticeship. You're coming out with a degree 5 years of industry experience and btw you're not on 16k for the full 5 years you do get payrises/promotions throughout. But that said if the uni lifestyle is something you really want then do that...Cap do have a graduate scheme too :wink:
Reply 452
Has anyone got their assessment day on Wednesday 9th December?

And for those who have done it already, any tips?

Hey mate,

I just got passed to the second stage (situational judgement tests), could you give me any advice on these?
Im afraid not :tongue: I failed that particular test but they put me through anyway. Just take your time and consider all angles, theres no reason to rush the test.
Im afraid not :tongue: I failed that particular test but they put me through anyway. Just take your time and consider all angles, theres no reason to rush the test.

I did it in about quite quick, unintentionally (10m) as it was just answering the questions honestly.

I got back my report and it gave me my top 3 traits, being; Networking, Collabritive Spirit (Teamworking) and Personal Growth - what about you? Don't really have any idea what this means but I haven't been passed into the next stage (yet).

So in your opinion would you say that Digital & Technology Solutions is a mickey mouse degree?
Looking back I got the same as you, i got in though so youll be fine I assume. As for that degree I wouldn't know I'm afraid I'm doing a slightly different one afaik. The way it was explained to us is the degree we'd be doing is a comp sci degree with all of the non industry relevant stuff pruned out and extra relevant topics added so I'd say its gotta be good.
Looking back I got the same as you, i got in though so youll be fine I assume. As for that degree I wouldn't know I'm afraid I'm doing a slightly different one afaik. The way it was explained to us is the degree we'd be doing is a comp sci degree with all of the non industry relevant stuff pruned out and extra relevant topics added so I'd say its gotta be good.

What degree are you doing? I want to be doing Software Engineering or something.
Software engineering is the degree im on afaik
Software engineering is the degree im on afaik

Ah that sounds nice! So to confirm your degree is titled: "Software Engineering BSc (Hons)", it is a legit SE degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending