The Student Room Group

Capgemini Higher Apprenticeship, anyone joining this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by jwheeler91@gmai
Oh wow, I've had a bit of a morning.

This morning I found a telephone interview offer on the careers portal, which I quickly accepted. I then started preparing.

They just rang and cancelled in order to fast track me to the assessment centre.

I'm a bit in shock, very much caught unready when they called. But I am really excited.

I'll be sure to get a good night sleep. I'm sure you did well.

Is the day still similar to brummiejoe's explanation? An interview & aptitude test and looking for techies with a business mind, good communication skills & team working skills.

Wow your application must've been great!
Good luck
Original post by jwheeler91@gmai
Oh wow, I've had a bit of a morning.

This morning I found a telephone interview offer on the careers portal, which I quickly accepted. I then started preparing.

They just rang and cancelled in order to fast track me to the assessment centre.

I'm a bit in shock, very much caught unready when they called. But I am really excited.

I'll be sure to get a good night sleep. I'm sure you did well.

Is the day still similar to brummiejoe's explanation? An interview & aptitude test and looking for techies with a business mind, good communication skills & team working skills.

Well done and good luck!! If you need any advice please check:

http://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk/articles/application-advice

All the best,

Amit
I just got an email that I just got fast tracked to the assessment centre! They reviewed my application and before where they had declined me they decided to move me forward! :smile:
Original post by kieranswhite
I don't know about anyone else but I thought it was tough. Just make sure you get a good night's sleep beforehand. Its a long day :smile:

what kind of stuff came up in the assessment centre? Did you get the apprenticeship?
Original post by zubairfazal
what kind of stuff came up in the assessment centre? Did you get the apprenticeship?

Still don't know if ive got it :/ There is lots of talking and the aptitude test is like a hard version of the 11+. The group exercise imo was quite easy.
What kind of things came up in the aptitude test?
And did the mention how long until you get a reply?
Reply 67
I just got an email that I just got fast tracked to the assessment centre! They reviewed my application and before where they had declined me they decided to move me forward! :smile:

Nice one. Where you applying to? I may see you at the assessment centre? How come they let you reapply so early?
I didn't reapply, they said the reviewed me a decided to progress me to the next stage Instead because I was so close. Been told my assessment is end of feb/beginning of March
Hmm got the date for the test. Mines on the 24th at Aston.

They have also seemed to have changed it now, apparently you have to pass the test to progress to the next stage (group interview)
Hmm got the date for the test. Mines on the 24th at Aston.

They have also seemed to have changed it now, apparently you have to pass the test to progress to the next stage (group interview)

Good luck Zubair.

What was asked in the phone interview? Did you apply to work in Aston or are all the assessment centres there?
Hi there,

Good luck with your application - have a look at www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk to see actual reviews from those who applied. You can see how the whole application works and gain advice from others who have been through it.

All the best,

Amit
What kind of things came up in the aptitude test?

The aptitude test is a bit like an IQ test and i found out today!!

Got an offer to start in June :P

Congrats. Any tips for the phone interview? :smile:
Original post by Funkydunkie
Congrats. Any tips for the phone interview? :smile:

I didn't have a phone interview, i was fast tracked
I didn't have a phone interview, i was fast tracked

ohh, lucky you! What was the assessment centre like?

Ok tbh, it was a bit intimidating at first but once i met everyone it was pretty straightforward, they explain the whole day before you start so you can go without knowing anything.

Hi Funkydunkie,

If you want any more info why not have a look at some reviews from those who have actually been through the programme. You can see the ins and outs of the scheme by looking at www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk

Good luck!

Amit
I got declined after doing my aptitude tests in October after the whole perlava of reapplying because last year they ran out of places at assessment centres to put me into, they emailed me yesterday asking if I was still interested in the apprenticeship as they have reviewed my application and would like to put me on an upcoming assessment centre!
Reply 79

So have I, based in Aston, have you got your contract through yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending