The Student Room Group

Morrisons Induction

I've got an induction Saturday and Sunday 9-5, and was just wondering what I'll be doing. Cause I don't really know how their gonna drag it out for 2 days :s Also what to wear. Guessing shirt and trousers but don't know if it will be more casual or not..
Original post by DevTheRed
I've got an induction Saturday and Sunday 9-5, and was just wondering what I'll be doing. Cause I don't really know how their gonna drag it out for 2 days :s Also what to wear. Guessing shirt and trousers but don't know if it will be more casual or not..

It's very long and boring... :p: You basically just sit in the training room for those two days (usually finish earlier than stated) with a bunch of other people who are also on their induction training and the Personnel Manager. Go through the staff pack given and fill out forms and the booklet(s) provided and then the Personnel Manager just spends ages talking about working for the company, expectations, etc and shows you lots of videos about HOT service - this will be drilled into you by the end of your induction! You should also get your uniform and meet your deptartment manager who will tell you your shifts/show you the shift rota. :smile:

I really struggled with what to wear so I just stuck with being quite smart - gypsy top and black trousers (basically similar to what I wore to my interview although a little more colourful/less formal.)

Out of interest, what department will you be working in?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ScottishShortiex
It's very long and boring... :p: You basically just sit in the training room for those two days (usually finish earlier than stated) with a bunch of other people who are also on their induction training and the Personnel Manager. Go through the staff pack given and fill out forms and the booklet(s) provided and then the Personnel Manager just spends ages talking about working for the company, expectations, etc and shows you lots of videos about HOT service - this will be drilled into you by the end of your induction! You should also get your uniform and meet your deptartment manager who will tell you your shifts/show you the shift rota. :smile:

I really struggled with what to wear so I just stuck with being quite smart - gypsy top and black trousers (basically similar to what I wore to my interview although a little more colourful/less formal.)

Out of interest, what department will you be working in?

Thanks you so much for the reply :smile: Yeah I read a few threads saying it was long and boring, not looking forward to it. I'd understand of it was just the one day but two I don't get! Think I might just stick to being smart, trousers and a shirt :smile: Just working on Checkout :smile:
Thanks you so much for the reply :smile: Yeah I read a few threads saying it was long and boring, not looking forward to it. I'd understand of it was just the one day but two I don't get! Think I might just stick to being smart, trousers and a shirt :smile: Just working on Checkout :smile:

They like to drag the boredom out! :wink: Most important thing for you then is the Challenge 25 stuff - some of the stuff they'll tell you will scare the crap out of you :p:
May I ask, what things did they ask to for the interview? As I'm thinking about applying for a part time at tescos etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5

just wear anything, you'll get your uniform the first day and then you wear it the second day. You get your handbook and read through that, then you get a health and safety booklet, they'll bore you with that then you have to do tests. Theres loads of reading and listening. then you'll watch some extremely cringe worthy DVDs about morrisons. You get paid for it though so it's fine really.

If you're on tills you have another 10 hours till training.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ScottishShortiex
They like to drag the boredom out! :wink: Most important thing for you then is the Challenge 25 stuff - some of the stuff they'll tell you will scare the crap out of you :p:

Well, wasn't too bad thankfully, the people I had it with made it a lot easier! Yeah they did play a video about Challenge 25, very worrying, makes you think!

Got training coming up, then all ready to start :biggrin: Looking forward to it :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by AllTimeLow!
May I ask, what things did they ask to for the interview? As I'm thinking about applying for a part time at tescos etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a strange one! They go through a list of things like "I take bad criticism well" then there'll be "Very like me" "Not like me" etc. options. Then once you've gone trough about 10-15 of those you then discuss your answers. Then you have to choose a card with a picture of a product on it and talk about it for 30 secs. Not very hard, but just surprising when it comes to it!

Good luck if you do anyway! :smile:
Well, wasn't too bad thankfully, the people I had it with made it a lot easier! Yeah they did play a video about Challenge 25, very worrying, makes you think!

Got training coming up, then all ready to start :biggrin: Looking forward to it :smile:

One of my friends on checkouts says the safest way is just to ID everybody that looks as though they're in their teens/twenties, even people you know are definitely 18. :smile: That's great you're looking forward to it. Good luck with starting work! :biggrin:
i have only been told that i have a induction this saturday, what does this mean if i only have one induction day?
Original post by Holbrook241
i have only been told that i have a induction this saturday, what does this mean if i only have one induction day?

To be honest, my experience of getting a job at morrisons was very long winded (maybe because it was a new store?)
I had 2 interviews, probably a week of training and then a week of inductions.
Not sure it would be the same for a store that's already up and running though!

What kind of tests apart from challenge 25,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending