The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL with 3 A Levels?

I've been doing research on unis lately, and I'm interested in going to UCL to read law. The problem is that from what is on their requirements page, they require 4 subjects at AS, and 3 at A2, but I'm only taking 3 for both. How much of a problem would that be, and how can I overcome it?
Reply 1
Why did you only do 3 subjects at AS?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Pick up an AS subject in year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I only did 3 subjects at AS and A2. I did an EPQ instead and have an unconditional offer for UCL. I think in effect they want three good A levels with an extra AS "or equivalent", so as someone else said you could pick up the extra AS in your second year, or you could do something else like an EPQ. I'm not sure you would get in without that extra though.
Reply 4
Original post by likezerogravity
I've been doing research on unis lately, and I'm interested in going to UCL to read law. The problem is that from what is on their requirements page, they require 4 subjects at AS, and 3 at A2, but I'm only taking 3 for both. How much of a problem would that be, and how can I overcome it?

Pick up an extra AS in year 13 - they only ask for a pass in your 4th AS and that's usually an E so its not going to be incredibly difficult.
If an extra AS is a requirement, then you will need to fulfill this. They are aware that some schools encourage pupils to sit 3AS, but if you pick up an exra this year then you don't need to worry about not meeting the minimum requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending