The Student Room Group

Can rape ever be a matter of interpretation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moosferatu
Feminists are complete jokers, yo. All women want to be mastered. It's biologically innate. Now I ain't saying rape is the way to go cos they're not attracted to be the rapists if it's rape. But usually they want it from the guy if he's a fitty. Yeah.

You talk the most upmost *******s I have ever seen on here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Ultimate1
The amount of false accusations from drunk women is rampant.

Whenever I hear about such stories, I lament not being gay.

No homo.
Original post by MrsGuyMartin
You talk the most upmost *******s I have ever seen on here

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't make the rules, bro.
Wasn't there a case a few years back,I remember a cartoon in the paper, in which a man was convicted of rape because the woman was intoxicated and, as a result, was deemed in an unfit state to consent.

The rights and wrongs of it are difficult. As an (gay male) adult, I don't think it would be impossible to find myself in a similar situation (I hope I never will); however, I am responsible for my own actions. That is, if I get myself into a state where I am not aware of my surroundings, then it would be unfair to blame others for what had happened - if, at the time, I was a willing participant. Likewise, I would hope that those around me wouldn't try and take advantage.
Original post by Moosferatu
I don't make the rules, bro.

You are basically stating people ask for it, it's disgusting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well if somebody comes involuntarily intoxicated to the point that they consent to sex even if there judgement was heavily clouded, i do not see how you could hold the person responsible for them essentially getting drunk. You cannot expect clubbers to go around carrying breathalyzers just to judge how drunk someone is, and what if both parties are drunk and both of their opinions are heavily diminished? It would be one thing if someone who is completely sober intentionally took advantage of a drunk person, but whats to say the men in this case were not slightly intoxicated themselves?

It just seems more a case of regret. Like said plenty of men wake up next to women they wouldn't have gone near sober and plenty probably cannot remember what even happened that night. Instead of claiming you got raped, you have to accept responsibility for your actions when getting that drunk and drink more sensibly next time instead of looking to blame someone else who may have been just as drunk.
(edited 10 years ago)
People seem to be confusing people a drunken fumble and rape these are two are completely different

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feminist crowd starting to come into this thread...

Not going to post any opinion. Not worth the grief.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending