The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Just graduated - ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hedgeman49
I don't remember the GCSE reqs but MFL certainly wasn't one for maths when I applied, because I don't have one :tongue:

Best check for your course before you apply though

Does Bath provide you with academic year diaries or will you have to buy your own? Also are there many plug sockets around campus (if my laptop has poor battery life)?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 101
Original post by eggfriedrice
Does Bath provide you with academic year diaries or will you have to buy your own? Also are there many plug sockets around campus (if my laptop has poor battery life)?

You have to buy your own but they are cheap (less than a fiver). They come with the uni logo and stuff on them.

There are plug sockets in your room (obv), in the library, in Plug bar and possibly some in Level One cafe. There may also be some lecture rooms with limited sockets but don't assume that you will be able to access these.
Reply 102
Original post by Hedgeman49
You have to buy your own but they are cheap (less than a fiver). They come with the uni logo and stuff on them.

It's probably obvious, but just to clarify, you don't *have* to buy your own. It's just the campus shops sell them so you can if you want. I never bothered. I think I did use a paper diary before I got a smartphone, but now I just use the calendar on my phone and a to-do list app. Whatever works for you, of course.

There are plug sockets in your room (obv), in the library, in Plug bar and possibly some in Level One cafe. There may also be some lecture rooms with limited sockets but don't assume that you will be able to access these.

Yeah you'll always find a plug socket somewhere, just sit on the end of the row and in most lecture theatres you'll be able to sneakily plug in. And there's tons in the cafes / library etc. Shouldn't be an issue.

edit: Well, perhaps it might be a slight issue if your laptop literally needs to be plugged in 100% of the time, but if you just need to charge it every few hours it should be fine.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by anita21
It's probably obvious, but just to clarify, you don't *have* to buy your own. It's just the campus shops sell them so you can if you want. I never bothered. I think I did use a paper diary before I got a smartphone, but now I just use the calendar on my phone and a to-do list app. Whatever works for you, of course.

Yeah you'll always find a plug socket somewhere, just sit on the end of the row and in most lecture theatres you'll be able to sneakily plug in. And there's tons in the cafes / library etc. Shouldn't be an issue.

edit: Well, perhaps it might be a slight issue if your laptop literally needs to be plugged in 100% of the time, but if you just need to charge it every few hours it should be fine.

Do you think the Bath academic diary is particularly useful , such as including important dates etc? Also what about the size and quality?
I'm asking because I found one I really like for £8 and I plan to take it places with me so that I can write any important information down to keep myself organised.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by eggfriedrice
Do you think the Bath academic diary is particularly useful , such as including important dates etc? Also what about the size and quality?
I'm asking because I found one I really like for £8 and I plan to take it places with me so that I can write any important information down to keep myself organised.

Nothing that 5 mins with a term date calendar couldn't fix.

I thought I would use a diary at uni but gave up after three days

Quick Reply

Latest