The Student Room Group

OCR A A2 Chemistry

Hi guys!

Well i'm in year 12 and have been asked by my school what I wanted to drop next year. Just wanted to know what A2 chemistry is like? (esp OCR A Chemistry)

Any info is great!!

Thanks!!
Original post by Smko
Hi guys!

Well i'm in year 12 and have been asked by my school what I wanted to drop next year. Just wanted to know what A2 chemistry is like? (esp OCR A Chemistry)

Any info is great!!

Thanks!!

I've just finished OCR A. One thing to keep in mind is that the second module in particular involves a lot of maths. Although it is at a fairly basic level (you don't have to be doing A-Level maths), you need to be comfortable with maths to get a good grade. That's the main thing to keep in mind, because the rest is fairly similar to AS.
Reply 2
Original post by PythianLegume
I've just finished OCR A. One thing to keep in mind is that the second module in particular involves a lot of maths. Although it is at a fairly basic level (you don't have to be doing A-Level maths), you need to be comfortable with maths to get a good grade. That's the main thing to keep in mind, because the rest is fairly similar to AS.

Thank you so much for the advice!! :biggrin: IS chemistry A2 really as hard as everyone makes it out to be ?
Reply 3
Original post by Smko
Thank you so much for the advice!! :biggrin: IS chemistry A2 really as hard as everyone makes it out to be ?

I wouldn't say A2 Chemistry A is a whole lot harder than AS. It might seem like there's more you need to learn but it's not much more difficult in my opinion. If you found the AS fine then I doubt you'll have many problems with the A2 :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sam1w2e
I wouldn't say A2 Chemistry A is a whole lot harder than AS. It might seem like there's more you need to learn but it's not much more difficult in my opinion. If you found the AS fine then I doubt you'll have many problems with the A2 :smile:

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest