The Student Room Group

HELP!! Late Student Finance

My mum has been on holiday for a while and whilst I thought I completed my SF before she went but I just found out she never did it. Here's the difficult part:

I'm 22 days after the deadline,

she cannot create a new account because she already has 1 with my brother,

she can't remember the security question (yet alone the answer),

my course starts in September,

her email address does not have any trace of SFE anywhere

she can't contact student finance from where she is

setting up a new account is proving impossible

I know I should have made sure I did actually did it earlier but I am stressed and I'm worried about when my payments will come in and how I can fix this.
Best thing to do is call student finance yourself and explain the situation as they are the only people that can help you... They're open today, not sure what time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Best thing to do is give SF a call and tell them of the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by UniKingg
My mum has been on holiday for a while and whilst I thought I completed my SF before she went but I just found out she never did it. Here's the difficult part:

I know I should have made sure I did actually did it earlier but I am stressed and I'm worried about when my payments will come in and how I can fix this.

As the other posters have said you'll have to call SFE Tel: 0845 300 50 90
(open Mon-Fri from 8.00am to 8.00pm and between 9.00am and 4.00pm on Sat - Sun)

But just a brief warning that SFE can be very difficult to deal with so make sure you know all of the other details of your application and have your customer ref. number to hand. Also, being processed after the deadline just means that SFE cannot guarantee 100% that you'll get your loan by the start of term. I'm having lots of problems with my parents' details too, but unfortunately the only way to solve them is too keep phoning until you get one of the more helpful call-centre workers to help you (some of them are a bit useless tbh)
good luck :smile:

I should hope indeed that setting up a new account is proving impossible. You or your sponsor(s) should never register for a second account with student finance - doing so will block the payments.

You don't have to delay your whole application for parental details. You can apply non income assessed online and add the income assessment on paper using the instructions here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2367776&p=42878843

Another advantage to doing the income assessment on paper is your mum won't have to remember her login details. If she is your only sponsor she's going to have to send evidence that she is single anyway, so might as well send that with her form.

Don't worry about the deadline - it is the more of a marker as to when you can apply - you can apply at any time before the end of the forthcoming academic year. If your mum has not completed her section, and you've submitted an application (and your part is complete) you'll find you'll be temporarily reassessed for the non-means tested loan. This means you won't get the full amount initially, but you can receive more once SFE have your mums parts are completed. If she has already submitted details for your brother, then these will be used for your application (you don't enter this information twice).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending