The Student Room Group

How much can you leg press?

How many kg can you leg press? I can press 250 kg.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Machine at my gym only goes up to 190. Prepare for people telling you about how squats are much better than leg presses.
Reply 2
Original post by DavidH20
Machine at my gym only goes up to 190. Prepare for people telling you about how squats are much better than leg presses.

LOL I know I can only squat about half that maybe, but leg press works something different so I use it too.

Because they are? They're not in the same ballpark. Squats are the best exercise you can do in the gym.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by silent ninja
Because they are? They're not in the same ballpark. Squats are the best exercise you can do in the gym.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never denied this. Personally I do leg presses because I have nobody to spot me, and limited free barbells. But from what I've heard, yes, squats are excellent.
I never denied this. Personally I do leg presses because I have nobody to spot me, and limited free barbells. But from what I've heard, yes, squats are excellent.

I've never squatted with a spot..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
The machine at the gym goes up to 250kg, I can do that. But I prefer to do slower reps with slightly less weight.
Reply 7
Original post by RollerBall
I've never squatted with a spot..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough. But I'm willing to bet you have a squat rack...
Reply 8
Can do the maximum weight that our leg press machine has which is 200kg for 12 reps. I tend to focus on squats and then use the leg press as a finishing exercise after leg extensions.

Well yes. You can't squat without a rack as you could only squat what you could press up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would a spotter resolve this? "Bro pass me that 140kg barbell on my back. Thanks" :dontknow:

If that's the only gym you have access to then you'll have to make do. Otherwise, change gyms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
It's the biggest ego lift in the gym.

I only do narrow at a lower weight for high reps to try and get a defined tear drop aka sculpting my vastus medialis.
Original post by silent ninja
How would a spotter resolve this? "Bro pass me that 140kg barbell on my back. Thanks" :dontknow:

If that's the only gym you have access to then you'll have to make do. Otherwise, change gyms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I should have been more clear - there are two barriers to me squatting - firstly, no spotter, and secondly, inadequate equipment.

It's all I have atm so I am making do with leg presses - not perfect, but better than nothing :smile:
Best I've done is 270kg for about 5-6 reps.
Reply 14
Who cares? But seriously i hate people who leg press without full ROM with far to much weight.
Implying I leg press, lel
Original post by hajinator
How many kg can you leg press? I can press 250 kg.

Not me but my uncle lifted a ton on his legs no joke srs, it was all the machine had, that's about 900 kg I think, the whole jim was in shock apparently no one had ever done it before. He's not a tall guy (5 10) but he's got this insane amount of genetic strenght and could lift and throw a 6'4 250 pound guy when he was sixteen. It's all in the genes man (though no one in the family even comes close, weird I know
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Harrie Lyons
Not me but my uncle lifted a ton on his legs no joke srs, it was all the machine had, that's about 900 kg I think, the whole jim was in shock apparently no one had ever done it before. He's not a tall guy (5 10) but he's got this insane amount of genetic strenght and could lift and throw a 6'4 250 pound guy when he was sixteen. It's all in the genes man

Fahk im ded
Squats at home with dumbells if you don't go gym :smile: Damn the burn in my thighs!!
Reply 19
Original post by RollerBall
Well yes. You can't squat without a rack as you could only squat what you could press up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or you could use stands or blocks.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest