The Student Room Group

Pork-laced Bullets Designed To Send Muslims Straight ‘To Hell'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cosimakarateman
gosh now you are trying to open a can of worms... why are there muslims round the world that smoke cigarettes, sing dance and play musical instruments? was I talking about what muslims do, or what is allowed in islam, pork and blood donations are not allowed in normal circumstances, but both are in extreme cases, so they are the same. you mentioned alchohol being banned, but again according to the quran, this was only actually prohibited prior or during to As-Salat.

Blood donation is permissible, and alcohol was dropped stage by stage. The Qur'an is not linear, and was revealed at different times, hence why you'd see it say that alcohol isn't allowed for people attending the mosque, but then eventually it was totally dropped.

Tbh, your knowledge on Islam is somewhat limiting, and I trust the scholars more than yourself. The scholars are reputable organisations say that donating blood is permissible

Again why on Earth would lots of Muslims donate blood/organs in Muslim countries? The whole thing with smoking is debated as well.... There is no blanket ruling
Basically give the fatwa including it's source + supporting hadiths that say blood transfusion is forbidden or go home.

I have no doubt such a fatwa exists, most probably on shaky evidence and questionable extrapolations. But the fact is it is not accepted by the majority of scholars. If you choose to take this opinion it's your perogative but don't mislead others and in doing so put their lives/health at risk.

If you want to live like modern medicine was never invented please do, I'm sure many Muslim Drs would oblige to refuse you a blood transfusion.

Just make sure you work what you define as being "severe necessity", as transfusions are only done if you cannot maintain enough circulation blood to supply your tissues. Without blood, tissue/organ death occurs, therefore all blood transfusions are necessary. Whether you count something like the prospect of kidney failure (which is not life threatening but will decrease your lifespan considerably unless you have a transplant - lol) as a severe necessity is down to whichever scholar you've decided to blindly follow.

It seems like whatever guidance you read, the author had very little knowledge of medicine, or in fact how the body works.

Allah(swt) gave us the ability to heal ourselves as a mercy to humans, if you want to turn your nose up at that more fool you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
Blood donation is permissible, and alcohol was dropped stage by stage. The Qur'an is not linear, and was revealed at different times, hence why you'd see it say that alcohol isn't allowed for people attending the mosque, but then eventually it was totally dropped.

Tbh, your knowledge on Islam is somewhat limiting, and I trust the scholars more than yourself. The scholars are reputable organisations say that donating blood is permissible

Again why on Earth would lots of Muslims donate blood/organs in Muslim countries? The whole thing with smoking is debated as well.... There is no blanket ruling

there is no 'blanket ruling' on any of these issues. stuff is made up through time and then rulings made, but for each there is probably a counter ruling. obviously in the non m uslim world, there is no debate as to the validtiy of being a donor, because it serves a valid medical purpose and there are those that want to help other people reardless of consulting a raft of 'scholars as you put it. But my point is still made ie that both pork and blood donors are forbidden in islam, apart from those 'exceptional circumstance that differnet people argue over, those are the widely accepted facts
(edited 10 years ago)
The whole idea of hell existing is insane.
Reply 44
My family is very close to a Mufti who is allowed to give fatwas, and he said Organ Donations are allowed as long as it does not lead to the death of the donor. also Blood Donations are allowed.
Reply 45
there is no .blanket ruling. on anything of these issues. stuff is made up through time and then ruling made, but for each there is probably a counter ruling.But my point is still made ie that both pork and blood donors are forbidden in islam, apart from those 'exceptional circumstance that diffeernet people argue over, those are the widely accepted facts

Blood Donations = Allowed

Pork = Makru ie Allowed in states of emergency.

Its really simple really
Original post by Kutta
Blood Donations = Allowed

Pork = Makru ie Allowed in states of emergency.

Its really simple really

I don't get why he doesn't seem to accept institutes like Al Azhar university and the like on this matter. I've just stopped replying to him tbf
Original post by moonkatt
It does amuse me that some people seem to think that pork to Muslims is akin to Kryptonite to Superman.

best analogy on tsr today. :congrats:
only at times of 'severe necessity' and also who from and where to it goes has to be considered by an imam or the like. its the same as pork, muslims can actually eat pork, at times of 'severe necessity'
As opposed to all those other times people receive blood transfusions, eh?

http://blood.co.uk/StockGraph/StockLevelStandard.aspx

These are Britain's blood stocks right now. As you can see, there's totally enough to just hand blood transfusions out like chocolate to trick-or-treaters. Not.
Reply 49
Please take care to not get too distracted discussing blood transfusions and organ donations in Islam. Posts that drift off-topic will be removed.
As if religion wasn't stupid enough by itself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending