Scroll to see replies

Facepalm.
:facepalm:
No OP.
Original post by Tcrumpen
Basically i have low self confidance issues,

Original post by Messalina
Confidence. It's spelt confidence.

I think I almost prefer confi-dance, throw some shapes bro. :banana2::banana::danceboy:
I honestly cbf if my boyfriend is able to play the guitar or not.
Reply 24
I can't orgasm from someone playing a guitar. So to answer your question, yes many people are attractive and they do not play the guitar.
Reply 25
Basically i have low self confidance issues, mainly because anything that i do cos i like i know there is someone better than me in my close circle of friends

Example: I play guitar, i'm ok at it, been playing on and off, self taught for 3 years, and i know many people who are much better than me beacuse they play more regually than i do and even though i know they are going to be better beacuse they've put more time in it, i still have low confidance, the phrase i use is that i'm both inspired and indimidated by guitarists that are better than me

I'm trying to find something which can give me some confidance and i keep comming back to either singing or guitar as this year those two things have helped me through some tough times (i'm not particually good at either, but it helps me cope), but when ever i try to do them i stop practising quite quick;y because i know i'm not that good, and i know that you get better the more you do it but can never stick at em for longer than 30 minutes a piece

Basically i have low self confidance and get indimated quite easily, i need to find a way i can either cope with that or be rid of it all together

Okay but not amazing at guitar but gives it a good go, is far more attractive than a guy who is amazing at guitar, and knows it.
Ah if only it were true - im reasonalble on the guitar and have played professionaly - has had no effect whatever on my success with women (mind you ive never tried that hard)
The best way to gain natural confidence is to actually face your fear and practice the actual thing which you find difficult: Chatting up girls. Don't expect girls to jump into your lap from playing guitar; they are human beings with thoughts and feelings, talk to them, and gain practice feeling comfortable doing that.
Reply 28
Mate you are being a *** . Playing the guitar is ***
You need a big penis and need to carry dumbells not guitar.
Reply 29
Original post by deathhead
The best way to gain natural confidence is to actually face your fear and practice the actual thing which you find difficult: Chatting up girls. Don't expect girls to jump into your lap from playing guitar; they are human beings with thoughts and feelings, talk to them, and gain practice feeling comfortable doing that.

I would do that if i had the confidance to toactually get up off my ass and do it, the problem with me is, is that i talk myself down a lot, i'm the kinda person that days "why would a girl bother talking to me i'm not the best looking guy out there" and when unless i've just been notcing the wrong girls, it's normally the good looking guys that get all the attention, even if it's just talking
Reply 30
I played guitar, terribly I might add, packed it in and never looked back, only then did my luck improve and I started getting more appealing to the ladies lol

but then again, I also got taller, broader and generally more "manly" looking about that time so yeh that probably helped alot lol.

To counter your statement though, there are alot of guitarists out there who are dirty wee weasle men, with no personality so I dont think just playing a cool instrument is a guaranteed leg/heart-openor.

Should really worry more about how you approach girls and your self confidence, if you dont believe in urself and are not happy with urself, it shows..

I hope you overcome this thoug I truely do.
I would do that if i had the confidance to toactually get up off my ass and do it, the problem with me is, is that i talk myself down a lot, i'm the kinda person that days "why would a girl bother talking to me i'm not the best looking guy out there" and when unless i've just been notcing the wrong girls, it's normally the good looking guys that get all the attention, even if it's just talking

I used to be exact same when I started uni but then I forced myself into these situations and realised they aren't actually that scary, even in bars/clubs if you get rejected then it just doesn't matter, it's not a comment on you. Girls aren't always instantly attracted to the guys that you think are better looking than you, there's so much more than looks to take into account and you will realise this when you gain some practice. Do you have any female friends?

Step 1: Learn to face your fear, girls aren't a different species, it's not like making contact with an alien race.

Step 2: Play guitar if you want to.

What are you gonna do, run up to girls and serenade them randomly? You need to know girls well enough to be put into a position where it's appropriate to play guitar. It seems like you're trying to jump straight to the finish. Work on your confidence, the only way to do that is to talk to girls
Reply 32
Well it certainly helped out Ed Sheeran
Reply 33
People find the ability to play guitar attractive, but it is not a requirement to be attractive - it just stacks on top of their existing attractive(or not)ness
Reply 34
Couldn't care less about a guy's ability to play guitar.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 35
Original post by deathhead
I used to be exact same when I started uni but then I forced myself into these situations and realised they aren't actually that scary, even in bars/clubs if you get rejected then it just doesn't matter, it's not a comment on you. Girls aren't always instantly attracted to the guys that you think are better looking than you, there's so much more than looks to take into account and you will realise this when you gain some practice. Do you have any female friends?

Step 1: Learn to face your fear, girls aren't a different species, it's not like making contact with an alien race.

Step 2: Play guitar if you want to.

What are you gonna do, run up to girls and serenade them randomly? You need to know girls well enough to be put into a position where it's appropriate to play guitar. It seems like you're trying to jump straight to the finish. Work on your confidence, the only way to do that is to talk to girls

The bizzare thing is, once i'm past the ice breaker i'm fine 98% of the time, i just find it really hard to actually go and break the ice, i overthink things, it's kinda the way my brain works, i have a very analytical brain, i over think things, also have anxiety issues so that causes me to think over things as well
Reply 36
With girls and musicians generally the less talented the better from what I've seen. They always seem to love those two ***** you get in every pub doing acoustic covers of top 40 tracks and never anyone doing anything original or creative.
The bizzare thing is, once i'm past the ice breaker i'm fine 98% of the time, i just find it really hard to actually go and break the ice, i overthink things, it's kinda the way my brain works, i have a very analytical brain, i over think things, also have anxiety issues so that causes me to think over things as well

Just try to remember, girls are just human beings! Just try to simplify it so you don't put them on a pedestal, so you can just talk to them as you would one of you friends. Remember, the majority of girls will chat to you if you want to talk to them, no matter what (i.e. they will not care about the fact that other people are better than you at guitar!).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending