The Student Room Group

Couple die of thirst in a desert

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ (To God we belong, and to Him is our return).

Original post by paradoxicalme
RIP, that's terrible :frown: However, I think I can imagine why they were 6 miles apart...imagining that argument:

"Right! We're five hours into our journey. Want to have lunch?"
"Oh, damn. I forgot to pack the sandwiches. I knew I'd forgotten something."
*rolls eyes* "You're an idiot. Let me just grab some water, then."
"..."
"You didn't."
"****. I left it by that tree..."
"That was three hours ago!"
"I'm forgetful."
"You brain-dead sack of camel dung, I'm going back to get it."
*runs off*

How sad, two people died and you want to make an joke out of it? The husband clearly left her because she probably could barely move in that heat, so he decided to make a last ditch effort to find some help.
Original post by Al-Mudaari

How sad, two people died and you want to make an joke out of it? The husband clearly left her because she probably could barely move in that heat, so he decided to make a last ditch effort to find some help.

*sigh* If you look, you'll notice I said it was incredibly tragic, which it was, and I know full well why they were most likely separated. I was making a joke, not about their deaths, but about the strange occurrence of them apparently not bringing enough water when they were walking around in a desert. The deaths themselves are by no means funny, but the circumstances kind of are. The guy who invented Segways died by riding his Segway off a cliff - that's funny, but the fact that he's dead obviously isn't.

If we didn't wrangle humour from dark situations, life wouldn't be worth living.
Original post by Alex17595
I used to play 24/7 and I didn't even expect the comment, I rofld so hard. Dont forget your shanty pass. so old school.

Hahaha, glad I made you laugh
Reply 23
Why is this in the news, it happens all the time in Australia's outback
Reply 24
This is why when you go to places like a desert you'd carry enough water to last two weeks, and a water purification kit just in case.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending