The Student Room Group

Does anyone else's parents doing their head in about getting a job?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My sister dictates the rules for me :unimpressed: whereas my mother supports me in every step :h:
Original post by Glenn,
Mine do the whole "yeah, hes still at home! both of them (my step brother who i hate anyway)" and i had an illness for 4 years which postponed my education and i hate living here, il move out as soon as i have my degree anyway. so that sarcasm to all their friends really rubs it in even more even though i have told my mum I wouldnt be here if i had a choice.

They also demand i pay rent when i mostly fund my own uni and am in debt cus of it. As if im gonna give them money when they earn over 80k a year and i earn nothing right now. Some parents are plain retarded ><

So yeah dont worry some parents are worse than others of course, but i dont think u shud have to work over ur summer at all. theyr probably pissed they waste their life in a job they dont like and you get the 3 months of summer free while not at uni. Enjoy your summer and just pretend to look, unless you want to work over summer ofc and i have done many times. Personally id refuse to pay rent for them being like that but most people do whatever their parents say. either way enjoy ur summer ^^

Aw that sounds horrible, especially as they earn so much money per year compared to you. You'd think they'd help you out a bit. They probably want to retire and be alone soon or something. That's how it is for my friend's parents. Good luck with your situation. Hopefully something will come up.

Please don't pay rent to your parents. Just keep arguing your point. At the end of the day I am a complete stranger and think you are in the right so that must give some merit. I guess parents are all a bit different. My dad is actually helping me out a bit more now that I told him how genuinely worried I am concerning money etc.

good luck x
Before I landed myself a job it was more of my mum and sister nagging me. My dad really never said anything about it. It did annoy me as it is hard finding work.
I've been working at Sports Direct for 10 months, and they took me on without retail experience.
Maybe you could try and apply there if you haven't already?
Reply 23
Original post by SorchaIsCool
Aw that sounds horrible, especially as they earn so much money per year compared to you. You'd think they'd help you out a bit. They probably want to retire and be alone soon or something. That's how it is for my friend's parents. Good luck with your situation. Hopefully something will come up.

Please don't pay rent to your parents. Just keep arguing your point. At the end of the day I am a complete stranger and think you are in the right so that must give some merit. I guess parents are all a bit different. My dad is actually helping me out a bit more now that I told him how genuinely worried I am concerning money etc.

good luck x

Hey thanks ^^
You are totally right about them wanting to retire ASAP now, though my mum actually helped me out a bit. She had to take money from an account my step dad didnt know about cus he was against helping me when i ran out of money for my course lol. I dont know what goes through some peoples minds, god forbid i get a degree or something! lol anyway its a lot nicer when parents actually help you out. For anyone else that sees this in this situation i think you need to make it clear genuinely how much you have to pay and how much you have cus mine seem to take "ive got no money" as how people say it casually when i meant it literally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending