The Student Room Group

Masters applications - can you change your mind?

Masters applications - can you change your mind?

So i really want to apply for masters but dont know if i want to do it starting 2013 or 2014. If i applied for 2013 (i know its late) and got a place can i change my mind? or do i need to put down a deposit and stuff?

Thanks
Reply 1
You can apply and see what offers come in. Once you have offers you can decline them without any kinds of repercussions.

Frankly, even if you accepted the offers and then later declined, you should be fine. You don't have to put down any deposits or anything for them (there might be rare exceptions, but this is not normal practice).
Reply 2
Original post by DeMoomin
You can apply and see what offers come in. Once you have offers you can decline them without any kinds of repercussions.

Frankly, even if you accepted the offers and then later declined, you should be fine. You don't have to put down any deposits or anything for them (there might be rare exceptions, but this is not normal practice).

Ah thanks, when do you have to reply to offers by usually?

thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by Bill_Gates

I think it depends on the institution so l'd contact them directly to ask.
Reply 4
Original post by Bill_Gates

I would assume that any offer you receive will have a reply-by date with it - especially if they are conditional offers (you don't say, so I assume they aren't.)

If they haven't specified, just contact the department administrator and ask. They will be used to having prospective students with multiple offers, or waiting for other offers or funding decisions, so it won't go against you if you want to wait until the 'last moment' as it were.
Reply 5
Original post by Ellim
I would assume that any offer you receive will have a reply-by date with it - especially if they are conditional offers (you don't say, so I assume they aren't.)

If they haven't specified, just contact the department administrator and ask. They will be used to having prospective students with multiple offers, or waiting for other offers or funding decisions, so it won't go against you if you want to wait until the 'last moment' as it were.

Thank you

Quick Reply