The Student Room Group

Confused!!

Hi, i'm re taking my second year, but they sent me a letter saying i am not expected to attend any lectures...... does this mean i won't be getting any loans, maintenance loan, grants ect ....the tuition fee is only like £200 which normally it would have been £3445..... but the whole point of me re-taking is to re-attend lectures??
Original post by mgeraghty5
Hi, i'm re taking my second year, but they sent me a letter saying i am not expected to attend any lectures...... does this mean i won't be getting any loans, maintenance loan, grants ect ....the tuition fee is only like £200 which normally it would have been £3445..... but the whole point of me re-taking is to re-attend lectures??

I don't believe you would get loans if you aren't attending there full time. It looks as if they are asking you to re-sit the year via part-time as you already had the chance to go to the lectures. You could ask them to re-do the year, paying full fee's that way you can go to lectures and still get your maintenance loan. But it's up to the university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending