The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Am I good enough for Nottingham?

I want to apply for Economics & Management. I have completed Maths up until AS level, but don't think I'll complete it to A2. In terms of my other subjects, I'm doing History, Geography and Economics, I might get 3 A's. might get a C for Maths AS. I also achieved a grade A in AS ICT in year 11. At GCSE I achieved 3A*s 5As 3Bs

I want to apply for Econ & Management at:
- Sheffield
- Leeds
- Nottingham (Industrial Economics)
- Lancaster
- Leicester
- Birmingham
- Aston
- St Andrews
- Keele

None of these ask for AS or A2 Maths, but some say an A in GCSE Maths. I have an A in GCSE Maths (Year 10).

How likely are these unis to make me an offer? I hear they don't make many offers to non-maths students?
Reply 1
As far as I know economics is a popular course at Nottingham (it never goes into clearing) and the prospectus should give you the guidelines of the minimum grades you need. A level maths or economics would be advantageous, as well as a good personal statement, but as long as you meet the minimum grade requirements stated then you should be fine to apply.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Indsutrial economics you'll be fine getting in with those grades, don't think maths is much of an issue too

Quick Reply

Latest