The Student Room Group

Neuroscience 2014 Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Ah right cool :smile: Nottingham also, Leeds, Cardiff and Kings College. Got offers from all except Nottingham, but I think my firm would be Kings or Bristol really so I hope they get back to us soon cause this is torture!!
Original post by baffledstudent
Uhm..Nottingham, Sussex, Manchester, Bristol and Keele for my backup! I think I might firm Notts even if Bristol respond with an offer - but it was always between those two for me. :smile:

What about you?

Sorry meant to use the above message as a reply ^ :smile:
Hey everyone, good luck with your applications! Has anyone applied for St. Andrews, and if so have you heard anything back from them?
Reply 203
Awesome!! I can't wait :smile: by the way how did you find out about the post offer open days? I wasn't told about them, no emails or letters or anything so have only just found out that I've missed some :frown: is anyone going to the one on 11th March?x
Reply 204
just got offer from Sussex for medical neuroscience. That's pretty fast assuming that I sent it on 3 days ago (swamp from medicine). :smile:
I also got offer for medical neuroscience from Sussex, and also applied for medicine. Are you going to the open day on the 12th of April? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 206
Original post by Divv
just got offer from Sussex for medical neuroscience. That's pretty fast assuming that I sent it on 3 days ago (swamp from medicine). :smile:

I just applied for the same swap. Would you mind sharing your stats and the conditions of your offer?
Reply 207
Original post by 0hMyStars
I just applied for the same swap. Would you mind sharing your stats and the conditions of your offer?

I am EU applicant so my stats and conditions for offer are quite different. My UKCAT was 707.5 though. And conditions of my offer arent really high, the ask for lower marks then I usually achieve
I applied late for a transfer from Winchester doing psychology and cognition single honours to Keele for neuroscience and psychology dual honours
I havn't heard back and am starting to get anxious.
i got B psychology, B biology, C environmental studies and D AS philosophy A levels. I will also have a CertHE as an exit qualification from Winchester, which i expect to be a 2:1.
Whereas keele ask for BBB, what do you think my chances are?
is your keele offer BBB?
do you know of anyone currently studying there who achieved a little less than BBB?
Original post by alexswartz
I applied late for a transfer from Winchester doing psychology and cognition single honours to Keele for neuroscience and psychology dual honours
I havn't heard back and am starting to get anxious.
i got B psychology, B biology, C environmental studies and D AS philosophy A levels. I will also have a CertHE as an exit qualification from Winchester, which i expect to be a 2:1.
Whereas keele ask for BBB, what do you think my chances are?
is your keele offer BBB?
do you know of anyone currently studying there who achieved a little less than BBB?

I fancy your chances, Keele's courses have high acceptance rates
Reply 210
Original post by lorna_e_sharpe
Hey everyone, good luck with your applications! Has anyone applied for St. Andrews, and if so have you heard anything back from them?

Just received an offer for AAB from St. Andrews! So happy! It's my lowest offer but I'm pretty sure I'll firm it after the open day :smile: have you heard yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm kinda worried that I'm going to really struggle at university studying Neuroscience because I haven't done Biology at A Level - I've got all my offers back but it's kind of daunting going into a biology based degree with no prior Biology A level knowledge. I know bits and bobs because both my brothers studied science related degrees, but it's nothing compared to a whole syllabus at A level. I really regret doing Physics as an AS and not Biology - because I probably would have continued it to A level. :s-smilie:

Do you think I'm worried over nothing, as if I required it, It would have been a requirement? Or better to try go over some specific biology stuff in the summer?

idk, any response would be great! :redface:
Reply 212
Original post by baffledstudent
I'm kinda worried that I'm going to really struggle at university studying Neuroscience because I haven't done Biology at A Level - I've got all my offers back but it's kind of daunting going into a biology based degree with no prior Biology A level knowledge. I know bits and bobs because both my brothers studied science related degrees, but it's nothing compared to a whole syllabus at A level. I really regret doing Physics as an AS and not Biology - because I probably would have continued it to A level. :s-smilie:

Do you think I'm worried over nothing, as if I required it, It would have been a requirement? Or better to try go over some specific biology stuff in the summer?

idk, any response would be great! :redface:

Yes I'm sure you'll be fine! From what I've gathered, neuroscience seems to be taught differently at different unis so although some courses are centered around biology, others are more chemistry or psychology based :smile: If it wasn't a requirement, it must not be essential to that particular course! And besides if they've given you an offer, they obviously believe you do have skills required for the course!
They may also have given you the offer on the grounds that most people on the course are trained biologists and so will tackle problems in a similar way but you may bring something new to the table :smile:
In my opinion, you've got nothing to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MinnieD
Yes I'm sure you'll be fine! From what I've gathered, neuroscience seems to be taught differently at different unis so although some courses are centered around biology, others are more chemistry or psychology based :smile: If it wasn't a requirement, it must not be essential to that particular course! And besides if they've given you an offer, they obviously believe you do have skills required for the course!
They may also have given you the offer on the grounds that most people on the course are trained biologists and so will tackle problems in a similar way but you may bring something new to the table :smile:
In my opinion, you've got nothing to worry about!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, this has made me feel a lot better! :colondollar:
Original post by MinnieD
Just received an offer for AAB from St. Andrews! So happy! It's my lowest offer but I'm pretty sure I'll firm it after the open day :smile: have you heard yet??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, sorry this is so late, yeah I got an unconditional for second year since I've done 2 semesters at KCL. Have you firmed St. A?
Reply 215
Original post by lorna_e_sharpe
Hi, sorry this is so late, yeah I got an unconditional for second year since I've done 2 semesters at KCL. Have you firmed St. A?

Congratulations!! Not firmed yet as I visited on Wednesday and it confirmed all of my worries about student life in a small town so now I can't decide what to do! Didn't like kings then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed kings for neuroscience anyone else?☺️☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone here firming Glasgow? :smile:
Original post by GFleet95
When I visited Manchester, a girl I spoke to there rejected them for Manchester! And the other two I'm seriously considering are Manchester AAA and Leeds AAB, but they're obviously going to be a lot more flexible with not getting the A's!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey hey, I am firming manchester too are you doing the masters or the bsc
Reply 219
Hi
Anyone firmed Neuroscience at University of Bristol ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending