The Student Room Group

Neuroscience 2014 Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by S.S2303
Has anyone here applied to Leeds for the BSc Neuroscience course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woops forgot to quote u, yes i have, leeds is my top choice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by aashcat21
Yes i have!!! Leeds received my app 24th but havent heard back from any of my unis yet :/ leeds is my top choice. Hows your application going??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, I applied to Leeds on Monday, it's the only neuroscience course I've applied to, My other 4 choices are a medicine. But Hopefully we hear from them soon! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
I got an offer from nottingham but they want aab
But i got rejected from manchester which is really weird cos their grade boundaries are only abb :/ leeds is my top choice and manchester was my second so a tiny bit gutted, but really i just want to know from leeds XD
Anyone who applied to leeds and has an offer how long did it take for them to get back to you??

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by abbiemac
I've also applied to bristol, Manchester and nottingham, no news yet! :/

I got my offer from Bristol yesterday. I have offers from Leeds, Sussex, Nottingham and Bristol and an interview at Manchester!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by CharlotteeeeS
I got my offer from Bristol yesterday. I have offers from Leeds, Sussex, Nottingham and Bristol and an interview at Manchester!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin:
if you don't mind me asking, when did you send your application and when did you get an offer from Leeds? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by S.S2303
Congrats! :biggrin:
if you don't mind me asking, when did you send your application and when did you get an offer from Leeds? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They received my application on 18/10 and I got my offer on 8/11 :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I got an offer from nottingham but they want aab
But i got rejected from manchester which is really weird cos their grade boundaries are only abb :/ leeds is my top choice and manchester was my second so a tiny bit gutted, but really i just want to know from leeds XD
Anyone who applied to leeds and has an offer how long did it take for them to get back to you??

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats! do you mind if I ask what your predicted grades are for Nottingham? Its my first choice but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Reply 47
applying for UCL ,Kings, Nottingham, Leeds and Manchester. Applied on the 22nd, no offers yet! :frown:
Reply 48
Original post by ninaowl
congrats! do you mind if I ask what your predicted grades are for Nottingham? Its my first choice but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

I've already finished collegeand i didnt get fantastic results, ingot bbc (i was predicted to get aab) so im surprised nottingham offered me a place. I guess they liked my personal statement. I'm retaking in june so hopefully i'll get the results. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
I've already finished collegeand i didnt get fantastic results, ingot bbc (i was predicted to get aab) so im surprised nottingham offered me a place. I guess they liked my personal statement. I'm retaking in june so hopefully i'll get the results. Good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh I see! Thanks haha good luck to you aswell! :smile:

yay...same with me about Bristol :smile:

Has anyone got a decision from UCL/Kings/Cardiff/Leeds?
Reply 51
out of interest, has anyone received offers from keele or UCLan or know how long they usually take? They're both my last choices so not too fussed about them but just wanting to know
Original post by katie o'leary
yay...same with me about Bristol :smile:

Has anyone got a decision from UCL/Kings/Cardiff/Leeds?

I got an offer from UCL today! :biggrin:

But I haven't heard from Cardiff yet...

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades and offers? :biggrin:
Original post by abbiemac
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what were your predicted grades and offers? :biggrin:

I'm predicted AAA in biology, chemistry and maths. My offers were: Bristol ABB, Leeds AAA, Sussex AAB and Nottingham AAB :biggrin: Have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Got an unconditional from uclan and keele. Still waiting to hear from leeds which is my top choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Has anyone who applied to King's College and Leeds for BSc Neuroscience replied yet?
Reply 57
You should all stop stressing over not having heard back from places yet, didn't send my application last year till 21st December and it didn't seem to make a real difference. I didn't get an offer from Bristol till March aha - although think that was because they don't give out offers unless you attend an open day thing you get invited to once you've been shortlisted and I picked the March one. I'm at Leeds now though anyway..
Original post by galllifrey
I got an offer from UCL today! :biggrin:

But I haven't heard from Cardiff yet...

Congrats! When did you apply? What were your predicted grades? I would of thought with all the competition they would take a longer to give out offers; They must of been really impressed with you!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending