The Student Room Group

Neuroscience 2014 Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got an interview at Manchester on 20th November? I'm so nervous!!:s-smilie:
Reply 61
Original post by CharlotteeeeS
Anyone got an interview at Manchester on 20th November? I'm so nervous!!:s-smilie:

I have one on the 27th :smile: my friend has already had hers and she said that its a really relaxed interview so dont worry!
Original post by ninaowl
I have one on the 27th :smile: my friend has already had hers and she said that its a really relaxed interview so dont worry!

Good luck! Yeah that's what I heard, I'm still scared! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, i have an interview for Neuroscience at Manchester, i was wondering if anyone has any idea what sort of questions they may ask? :smile: if not no worries !
I got my offer from Bristol yesterday. I have offers from Leeds, Sussex, Nottingham and Bristol and an interview at Manchester!! :biggrin::biggrin:

I have an interview at Manchester too! When is yours? Mine is 4th December :3
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jamie-leejob
Hey, i have an interview for Neuroscience at Manchester, i was wondering if anyone has any idea what sort of questions they may ask? :smile: if not no worries !

I have an interview as well :3 when is yours?
Original post by abbiemac
I have an interview at Manchester too! When is yours? Mine is 24th December :3

Mine was yesterday, it's fine! They told us of all the people they interviewed the week before, only three people didn't get offers! Just think of a reason why you applied to Manchester, why you chose Neuroscience and make sure you know about the things you wrote on your personal statement :') I was so scared, but as soon as you get there you feel so relaxed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Mine was yesterday, it's fine! They told us of all the people they interviewed the week before, only three people didn't get offers! Just think of a reason why you applied to Manchester, why you chose Neuroscience and make sure you know about the things you wrote on your personal statement :') I was so scared, but as soon as you get there you feel so relaxed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That really sucks cos i got rejected from manchester :frown: oh well you win some you lose some.
Original post by aashcat21
That really sucks cos i got rejected from manchester :frown: oh well you win some you lose some.

Sorry to hear it! Best of luck with your other applications :smile:

What reason did they give?
Reply 69
Original post by saltyjohn1
Sorry to hear it! Best of luck with your other applications :smile:

What reason did they give?

I only got ABC for my alevels as ive finished and they said theyre not acvepting retakes in my case. It was my second choice anyway so hopefully ill get my first whoch is leeds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Applied to Nottingham for Neuroscience and Pharmacology as a back-up if i don't get medicine this time round! Anyone heard back from Nottingham yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Hey has anyone got offers or replies from Keele, Leeds or Kings College yet? :smile:
Reply 72
I just got offers from LEEDS, UCL, MANCHESTER, BRISTOL AND NOTTINGHAM.
if this helps anyone? :wink:
Original post by mcollin1
Applied to Nottingham for Neuroscience and Pharmacology as a back-up if i don't get medicine this time round! Anyone heard back from Nottingham yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Recieved acknowledgement on the 14th of November (for straight neuroscience) ; got an offer of AAB on the 20th

I wrote a personal statement purely for neuroscience and had six weeks work experience using an EEG at my local uni. You'll have done well to get an offer from Nottingham as a back up, because they have ~4 applicants per place on the neuroscience and pharmacology course.

http://university.which.co.uk/search/course?c[q]=neuroscience%20and%20pharmacology,%20nottingham

Best of luck!
Original post by IfsAhmed
Hey has anyone got offers or replies from Keele, Leeds or Kings College yet? :smile:

Got confirmation on the 14th, got an offer on the 18th of BBB including biology to study neuroscience and smart systems.

Hope this helps
Original post by Matt_bostock

Well done! You must be over the moon :biggrin:

When did you apply? I'm still waiting on UCL and Bristol.
Original post by mcollin1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, got an offer about 3 weeks after sending it off (but just for neuroscience).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 77
Original post by Matt_bostock

Thats great! Well done, when did you send your application? And which is your firm?
on the 27th, yours? :smile:
Reply 79
Just at the beginning of November, I hope im not late, I just want a really want a reply from Bristol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending