The Student Room Group

I've got a job interview tomorrow at River Island. Where do I find out River Islands

collections/lines? I only know Rihanna for RI and the website is not very clear on anything else.

If anyone could take the time out to help me out I'd be forever grateful :redface:

Also is there anyone who has had an interview there.. heads up on what to expect? Lot of the current threads on the topic are kind of old x
Reply 1
C'mon guys!!
Reply 2
Dont know anything but just wanna say congratulations !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
BRANDS

From Chelsea Girl to Forever Unique, get your hands on clothes and accessories from some of the biggest women's brands at River Island

COLLECTIONS

Just copied and pasted from the website. :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
I had one about 2 years ago lol. It was a group exercise and then a brief chat where they you showed proof of eligibility to work in the UK.

I got rejected.
Reply 5
I got the job guys so thanks very much to those of you who responded :biggrin:
Reply 6
I got an operations position so I was just wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to move towards sales and service while you work there?
Reply 7
Original post by ImGlad2
I got an operations position so I was just wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to move towards sales and service while you work there?

Ask your manager. In a big company like RI, I'm sure it's not too hard. Most companies like to recruit internally.
Reply 8
Awww congrats! i was just about to post exactly what you needed to do in the interview as i used to work there but you did it all on your own!

Did they tell you much about the operations job? If not, ask me anything, i used to be a sales advisor but did help out with operations as we were a small store.

Operations is mainly stockroom work, processing deliveries, doing stock replensihment every hour (every half hour during sale, but its easier then cos you only bring down sale stock from the stockroom)

I used to always go up there and hide between the rails to have a sneaky break or eat a pasty haha!

It's probably harder work in operations being cooped up in the stockroom all the time but you probably have more fun too as you don't have the managers stood watching your every move, just dont take your phone in there and if a sales advisor role does open up you may well be able to move, as long as you prove yourself in the role you're in, then you should have no problem :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ImGlad2
I got the job guys so thanks very much to those of you who responded :biggrin:

Congrats! :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Samuel1988
Awww congrats! i was just about to post exactly what you needed to do in the interview as i used to work there but you did it all on your own!

Did they tell you much about the operations job? If not, ask me anything, i used to be a sales advisor but did help out with operations as we were a small store.

Operations is mainly stockroom work, processing deliveries, doing stock replensihment every hour (every half hour during sale, but its easier then cos you only bring down sale stock from the stockroom)

I used to always go up there and hide between the rails to have a sneaky break or eat a pasty haha!

It's probably harder work in operations being cooped up in the stockroom all the time but you probably have more fun too as you don't have the managers stood watching your every move, just dont take your phone in there and if a sales advisor role does open up you may well be able to move, as long as you prove yourself in the role you're in, then you should have no problem :smile:

Thanks so much!!

I have my induction tomorrow, excited to get going to be honest was getting a bit fed up with the job search.

I just wanted to know is it easy to get extra hours? The role I got isn't as many hours as I'd like but I thought take whatever they offer because I can't really afford to be too picky!

They didn't tell me anything at all. But I think I get the gist.

If you're on operations are you ever expected to work the tills? I heard from someone they like you to meet & greet but that didn't add up to me. Can't be true can it? I'd hate that!!
Reply 11
Original post by SaFa1237
Congrats! :smile:

Reply 12
Original post by noone29
Ask your manager. In a big company like RI, I'm sure it's not too hard. Most companies like to recruit internally.

I'll definitely do that x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending