The Student Room Group

Dropbox Inactivity

Hey,
I haven't used my Dropbox is quite a long time (most likely more than 7 months) and I was wondering if it's likely that my files will still be in existence on the account? I recently tried to login but found my password had expired (which proves how long it has been inactive).

If possible, I'd like to be able to retrieve the files but after taking a look at the Dropbox terms and conditions I found this: "if a Free Account is inactive for ninety (90) days, then Dropbox may delete any or all of Your Files without providing additional notice."
Obviously 90 days is only 3 months which means my account has been inactive for a lot longer than this.

Do you guys believe my files will still exist inside the account?
Has anyone been a "victim" of having their files removed due to inactivity?

I welcome your replies,
Dastrea

For reference: Their full terms and conditions can be found here. The quote I took was found at the bottom (under "Free Accounts") of the "Pricing Terms" section which can be found here.
Reply 1
Best way to find out would be to look and see if you still have the files there.

They may only delete files at particular times or as space is needed but even if that's the case the experience of anyone else isn't something to go by (they might have been lucky with whatever system dropbox uses to clean up space)

Quick Reply

Latest