The Student Room Group

I think I'm being taken advantage of

I worked as a Nanny last summer in Sardinia, my boss still owes me about £600 and, as she's now living in Naples, has been coming up with reason after reason as why she can't pay me. She has an account with Banco di Napoli, and has told me she can't transfer money until she gets this "electronic key" which mysteriously keeps not getting delivered.

Firstly; surely there are other ways of paying me? Such as physically taking the cash out of the account and paying it into mine? I have no idea but I feel like you could.

And secondly; I have no idea what to say to her about it, Ive impressed how badly I need the money but she doesn't react.

Any light shed on this problem would be GRATEFULLY received.
Reply 1
yeah sounds like she's stringing you along here
i'm guessing electronically transferring it is the only option as you are in different countries?
is there someone else you can contact? were you on good terms with her husband?
Get in touch with the CAB to see what advice they can give about where to go from here.
Reply 3
Thanks guys! It's just difficult knowing how to speak to her because she's set on not paying me. She's single so can't contact anyone else.
How did you get the job, through an agency? I'd say you'd be better asking on http://messageboard.nannyjob.co.uk/index.php
Reply 5
Original post by L'Wren
I worked as a Nanny last summer in Sardinia, my boss still owes me about £600 and, as she's now living in Naples, has been coming up with reason after reason as why she can't pay me. She has an account with Banco di Napoli, and has told me she can't transfer money until she gets this "electronic key" which mysteriously keeps not getting delivered.

Firstly; surely there are other ways of paying me? Such as physically taking the cash out of the account and paying it into mine? I have no idea but I feel like you could.

And secondly; I have no idea what to say to her about it, Ive impressed how badly I need the money but she doesn't react.

Any light shed on this problem would be GRATEFULLY received.

just tell her "I don't mean to be rude but my (mom/dad/relative/neighbor) is a Lawyer and they advised me that if I don't get my entitled wages by Monday I have the right to extract them from you in a court of law"

Brix will be ****
Reply 6
Original post by gijops
just tell her "I don't mean to be rude but my (mom/dad/relative/neighbor) is a Lawyer and they advised me that if I don't get my entitled wages by Monday I have the right to extract them from you in a court of law"

Brix will be ****

haha yes toss in a few legal sounding words
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rucanor-Aluminium-Baseball-Bat-Silver/dp/B003XII2U6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1372279425&sr=8-1&keywords=baseball+bat

If that's not your style there is probably some way to chase it through the Italian courts, unfortunately that is likely to be very slow and arduous. The Italian legal system doesn't have the best reputation for efficiency.
OP, forget that £600, you're not likely to get it. Just take this as a lesson and don't make the same mistake again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending