The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine

Scroll to see replies

I am doing a pharmacy degree ATM, gonna hopefully be applying in 2015, I've done work experience in dental, shadowed doctors and done community pharmacy along with volunteering roles. Do you think I may need more work experience? And is anyone else doing pharmacy and thinking of applying? Lemme know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
I am applying for the same year as you and have similar work experience. I am doing biochemistry though. I would like to thing that that will be enough. I would recommend getting as much as you can though. You cant have too much in my opinion
Reply 22
Original post by shezshez
You people seem like the perfect people to ask..

For GEM couses, is it right that you can still get some funding from Student finance England, although it is technically a second undergraduate degree? Many thanks.

Funding arrangements are in place for GEM students starting their courses in September 2013/14 and 2014/15, however note that the current funding arrangements are an interim measure. You can find out all about it here. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/funding-arrangements-for-medical-and-dental-student-tuition-fees-for-2013-2015-and-nhs-bursary-funding-arrangements-from-2012. Given the dire economic situation our country is in, I wouldn't hold my breath in regards to a permanent funding solution.
Reply 23
Anyone got any ideas about how to fund a GEM if you're a Scottish student? We don't get any help with fees if we study in England. :/
Reply 24
Does anybody know of any GEM that complete in 4 yrs?
Reply 26
Wow, those questions.

Quick Reply

Latest