The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

say if someone in another country is taking an exam which you are, usually international schools, they may (due to the time difference) take it before you. so then you could phone 'em and get the answers. dont be cheating without me :smile:
Reply 2
Is it possible? :smile:
Reply 3
like realistically possible?
saaay, if i wanted to know about economics, history or english?

Dear Edexcel,
still just interested, not going to do it :tongue:
you'll have to find out if its being taken elsewhere and at what times. then find someone who did it. possible, but very complicated.
Reply 5
How do i find out?
Yo gucci, can you just do my economics exam for me? it will make life a lot easier.
No need for 'leaked papers' or 'timezone cheating.' :smile:
Reply 6
It's possible but you will need to find:
a willing person in another country who is sitting the same exam paper by the same exam board doing exactly the same paper as you, and who is taking the paper with enough time before you to give you enough time to remember all the answers on the paper... that is assuming they remember all the questions on the paper as well as the answers in order to help you cheat...

Imo it's just easier to revise the paper than go through all this trouble to memorise some answers that they may have got wrong anyway. Giving you tips and pointers on which topics that might come up may help slightly, but it won't make the difference for you getting for example an A from a D... Just revise... so much easier.
Reply 7
mo_town
How do i find out?
Yo gucci, can you just do my economics exam for me? it will make life a lot easier.
No need for 'leaked papers' or 'timezone cheating.' :smile:

Ah yes the dreaded Economics. The thing that makes my life seem not worth living.
Reply 8
Is it really possible? I'm in Malaysia, I sat for Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1 and 2 at 12.45 p.m. Malaysian time, which is 6.45 am in the UK. I finished at 3.00 p.m., which is 9 a.m. UK time. I guess that's the time you guys started the paper. We weren't allowed to leave between papers, presumably to prevent time zone cheating. We were allowed to go for toilet breaks during the paper, but who would have the time to type out an SMS to the UK? :smile: So I don't think it's possible at all...unless I got it wrong and UK students started the paper at 10 am or something.

Note to Edexcel: No, I'm not planning to cheat, even if it was possible. Not even if someone offered me a million dollars. :P
Reply 9
Or you could take the exam under a false name in another country, fly back across the timezones and take the exam AGAIN under your real name having already seen the paper! :rolleyes:
Reply 10
^ lol
I always thought it was done simultaneously, which is what they told us here in Oman, but it didn't make much sense, because some countries might end up taking the exam at really weird hours of the day...
Reply 11
You gota be pretty stupid to tell someone what was on the exam.
Reply 12
Or you could take the exam under a false name in another country, fly back across the timezones and take the exam AGAIN under your real name having already seen the paper!

Thats what I thought timezone cheating was...:redface:
Reply 13
Lusus Naturae
Or you could take the exam under a false name in another country, fly back across the timezones and take the exam AGAIN under your real name having already seen the paper! :rolleyes:

O yes...I did that. But the exam was on pluto :smile:
Reply 14
I'm in Hong Kong. Well, we have supervision, i.e we have to stay at school until 7:30pm at night without mobiles, watched by teachers. But it's quite easy to get round that, like don't hand in our mobiles, sms in the toilet...
So when I finish, I coullddd just sms someone in england =P It doesn't have to be exact, it's helpful even if for say bio for example 'Stdy Heart, Dig.Sys.ileum.strctre.sperm.' As exams only test you on a proportion of the stuff, you can easily cram the 4 or 5 really revelant pages in a few hours. It's even better for essay exams, like eng lit, giving u a question like 'Frankenstein essntially gd man, jst make mistakes, discuss' That'd help , cuz it'd give u a few hours to plan your essay, think through, find sources etc. vs...10 minutes in the exam room. And less stress=P
you sound like youve tried it lol !
Reply 16
minicoopa
O yes...I did that. But the exam was on pluto :smile:
No kidding? So was mine ... the Eingebildet centre, right? I was the small green one with the purple goggles.
The timezone thing used to be much worse.

Many years ago, international students would take their exams at same SET TIME as the UK students - for example, if the exam's scheduled for 1pm on June 24th UK time, international students would also take the exam at 1pm on June 24th. This gave international students even more time to do the timezone cheat thing.

It took Edexcel many years to realize this mistake. Now it's as Changeling says.
Time Zone cheat, any type of cheat = loser
Reply 19
shadowfax
Is it really possible? I'm in Malaysia, I sat for Edexcel Chemistry Unit 1 and 2 at 12.45 p.m. Malaysian time, which is 6.45 am in the UK. I finished at 3.00 p.m., which is 9 a.m. UK time. I guess that's the time you guys started the paper. We weren't allowed to leave between papers, presumably to prevent time zone cheating. We were allowed to go for toilet breaks during the paper, but who would have the time to type out an SMS to the UK? :smile: So I don't think it's possible at all...unless I got it wrong and UK students started the paper at 10 am or something.

Note to Edexcel: No, I'm not planning to cheat, even if it was possible. Not even if someone offered me a million dollars. :P

if you're in KL i bet you went to the same school as my cousin

i loved the extent they go to to make sure you don't cheat in art exams. let's be honest here HOW can you cheat in a 12 hour art exam?! we're not allowed phones or ipods or even talking, but how exactly am i going to tell someone the answer..

Latest