The Student Room Group

Most interesting periods of history to learn about

What would you say are the most interesting periods of history to learn about?

Scroll to see replies

age of dicscovery in my opinion
I love the medieval history of Spain, England and France from around 1000-1599 AD
Reply 3
Byzantine Empire. End of discussion. :tongue:
Meiji Japan :biggrin: How a nation can modernise that quickly with success is remarkable.
Reply 5
Islamic history is very interesting and would certainly help people better understand todays situation
The transition of the Roman Republic to the Empire. It includes some of the biggest and most interesting characters in history.

Roma Victor!
Reply 7
Ottoman Empire :biggrin:
Reply 8
Britain during the enlightenment era.
Reply 9
Fall of the Western Roman Empire. It's pretty amazing when you look at the time period between 376 AD and 576 AD. Did you know the Eastern Empire re-conquered Italy?
Reply 10
Original post by Tubis
Ottoman Empire :biggrin:

This too :smile:.
Reply 11
I find the Nazis to be very interesting.... Watching a documentary about the holocaust recently... It really is just mind blowing how evil and how very organised it all was.
Russia from the Tsars to Stalin's death is fascinating
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I love the medieval history of Spain, England and France from around 1000-1599 AD

!00% agree! I love the Plantagenets so much!
Reply 14
Early Islamic conquests/Golden age.
Reply 15
The Cretaceous period
Original post by duchess eleanor
!00% agree! I love the Plantagenets so much!

They're fascinating aren't they? :tongue:

Are you watching the new series called "The White Queen" about Edward IV and his struggles to beat Lord Warwick?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Are you watching the new series called "The White Queen" about Edward IV and his struggles to beat Lord Warwick?

I know that you weren't asking me, but someone else asked me that question recently as I've recently been researching a lot about Richard III and his life before becoming king. Sadly, I haven't yet got round to watching it, but BBC iPlayer is my friend. :woo:
Original post by Platinum Mech
I know that you weren't asking me, but someone else asked me that question recently as I've recently been researching a lot about Richard III and his life before becoming king. Sadly, I haven't yet got round to watching it, but BBC iPlayer is my friend. :woo:

You should definitely watch it, it's amazing, although it can be a bit confusing to follow for anyone who knows nothing about the basic history timeline and characters!
Original post by jackjohn112
What would you say are the most interesting periods of history to learn about?

World war 1 & 2 OH and Rome hails Ceaser
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending