The Student Room Group

Morrisons Local Job Offer

Hi guys

I applied for a job with Morrison online last week. I received a phone call the next day and I was interviewed over the phone, after about 10min he said he'd like to invite me for a face to face ibterview.

I went to the interview the next day which was last Friday and yesterday I got a call offering me the job. I am really pleased has I have been looking for a job since January 2013. This is for a new store opening on July 25th in Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road, it's a local store.

What I want to know is that:

- Does anyone currently work for Morrisons or previously worked there?
- When do their employees get paid?
- How soon does the employees wait for their discount card?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Denisha
Hi guys

I applied for a job with Morrison online last week. I received a phone call the next day and I was interviewed over the phone, after about 10min he said he'd like to invite me for a face to face ibterview.

I went to the interview the next day which was last Friday and yesterday I got a call offering me the job. I am really pleased has I have been looking for a job since January 2013. This is for a new store opening on July 25th in Oxford Street near Tottenham Court Road, it's a local store.

What I want to know is that:

- Does anyone currently work for Morrisons or previously worked there?
- When do their employees get paid?
- How soon does the employees wait for their discount card?

1. I currently work at Morrisons part-time in the customer cafe :smile:

2. We get paid every 4 weeks (so every fourth Friday).

3. It took a few weeks before we got our discount cards (can't remember exactly how long)
Reply 2
Original post by ScottishShortiex
1. I currently work at Morrisons part-time in the customer cafe :smile:

2. We get paid every 4 weeks (so every fourth Friday).

3. It took a few weeks before we got our discount cards (can't remember exactly how long)

So when did you get paid or next time your getting paid? I'm guessing I won't get paid in July because the store I'm gonna be working in doesn't open until 25th July but our induction is on Monday, I'm not sure how long the induction is or wherever we get paid for it.

Im going to pick up my welcome pack tomorrow and my contract I think. Does Morrison have a staff portal? As in checking ur working times and updating your details?
Original post by Denisha
So when did you get paid or next time your getting paid? I'm guessing I won't get paid in July because the store I'm gonna be working in doesn't open until 25th July but our induction is on Monday, I'm not sure how long the induction is or wherever we get paid for it.

Im going to pick up my welcome pack tomorrow and my contract I think. Does Morrison have a staff portal? As in checking ur working times and updating your details?

I last got paid on the 14th June, so the next pay day is the 12th July :smile:

Induction training is usually spread over two days and lasts for a few hours (4 hours roughly) each day. We got paid for that on the first pay day after the that induction training.

No there isn't a staff portal, you'll find the shift rotas down in your own department (usually hanging up on a wall) and if you need to update your details, just speak to Personnel.
Original post by Denisha

Congratulations :smile:

I have been also hired for the same shop and I collected the welcome pack today. Once you collect your welcoming pack, you will receive some basic info such as your 3.5 weeks of training plan, as well as the address of the Best First Day, which is based in Central London at Birkbeck University.

And of course you will receive your contract which you will also sign etc.
Reply 5
I last got paid on the 14th June, so the next pay day is the 12th July :smile:

Induction training is usually spread over two days and lasts for a few hours (4 hours roughly) each day. We got paid for that on the first pay day after the that induction training.

No there isn't a staff portal, you'll find the shift rotas down in your own department (usually hanging up on a wall) and if you need to update your details, just speak to Personnel.

Oh lucky you, lol i guess we aint getting paid for now. Our induction is from 09:00- 18:00, for both days, Monday and Tuesday.

Thats a killer lol
Reply 6
Original post by KebabGirl85
Congratulations :smile:

I have been also hired for the same shop and I collected the welcome pack today. Once you collect your welcoming pack, you will receive some basic info such as your 3.5 weeks of training plan, as well as the address of the Best First Day, which is based in Central London at Birkbeck University.

And of course you will receive your contract which you will also sign etc.

Yayyyy, lol i went to pick up my welcome pack today also.

But on the training pack, there's like scheduled 2 weeks, i thought the induction was only meant to be Monday and Tuesday then we don't have to go back until 20th July to put the shop together and get ready for 25th.

Did they take your uniform size? cos they didn't take mine.

was you given your hours?
Original post by Denisha
Yayyyy, lol i went to pick up my welcome pack today also.

But on the training pack, there's like scheduled 2 weeks, i thought the induction was only meant to be Monday and Tuesday then we don't have to go back until 20th July to put the shop together and get ready for 25th.

Did they take your uniform size? cos they didn't take mine.

was you given your hours?

35 hours and regarding the uniform size, I am a fat woman anyway, I guess I will get the largest available.
Reply 8
Original post by KebabGirl85
35 hours and regarding the uniform size, I am a fat woman anyway, I guess I will get the largest available.

Oh don't say that, that's not nice.
Original post by Denisha
Oh lucky you, lol i guess we aint getting paid for now. Our induction is from 09:00- 18:00, for both days, Monday and Tuesday.

Thats a killer lol

Don't worry, you should hopefully get out an hour or two early each day. We did anyway :smile:
Reply 10
Don't worry, you should hopefully get out an hour or two early each day. We did anyway :smile:

Ours is probably longer because its a new store and we basically need to know everything.

Its a gonna be soooo busy on the first day, it's Oxford Street, can't wait doe lol I love me a challenge.

did you guys get your uniform in your induction? Because they didn't even take my size lol.
Original post by Denisha
Ours is probably longer because its a new store and we basically need to know everything.

Its a gonna be soooo busy on the first day, it's Oxford Street, can't wait doe lol I love me a challenge.

did you guys get your uniform in your induction? Because they didn't even take my size lol.

On the first induction day we wrote down our size then got our uniform the next day.
Reply 12
I passed the online assessment, got a call the next day for a telephone interview - which I also passed and was told that I would be called early this week. Which I presumed would be by the 3rd July. But it's now the 5th. Should I take it as a sign Morrisons are bad at getting back to people? Or that they've lost interest? If it helps it was for a New Morrisons Local
Reply 13
Original post by Alex360
I passed the online assessment, got a call the next day for a telephone interview - which I also passed and was told that I would be called early this week. Which I presumed would be by the 3rd July. But it's now the 5th. Should I take it as a sign Morrisons are bad at getting back to people? Or that they've lost interest? If it helps it was for a New Morrisons Local

No, It's not that, like you said it's for a new local store, it's better to call the personnel yourself and find out.

When I went for my interview I was told that they would get back to me the following Tuesday, but they didn't until the next day which was Wednesday. I started panicking and thought maybe they didn't like me or I was unsuccessful.

I waited and I got the call offering me the job.

I now have 3 weeks of training, yesterday was the end of the 1st week. I also applied for a new local store opening.

You can call the store or whoever you had your interview with and find out, but they usually say if you are unsuccessful then they will send you out a letter. But if you have received any letter just call the store and find out, it could be that their just busy as it is a new store opening.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Reply 14
Original post by Denisha
No, It's not that, like you said it's for a new local store, it's better to call the personnel yourself and find out.

When I went for my interview I was told that they would get back to me the following Tuesday, but they didn't until the next day which was Wednesday. I started panicking and thought maybe they didn't like me or I was unsuccessful.

I waited and I got the call offering me the job.

I now have 3 weeks of training, yesterday was the end of the 1st week. I also applied for a new local store opening.

You can call the store or whoever you had your interview with and find out, but they usually say if you are unsuccessful then they will send you out a letter. But if you have received any letter just call the store and find out, it could be that their just busy as it is a new store opening.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Oh okay, thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 15
Hi there, I've had a phone interview for a job at a new Morrisons local and now been invited to a welcome day where I will have to do 3 group assessments. Has anyone done them before? Thanks :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by lawyer38
Hi there, I've had a phone interview for a job at a new Morrisons local and now been invited to a welcome day where I will have to do 3 group assessments. Has anyone done them before? Thanks :smile:

Hello! I went to a Welcome day / assessment day on Wednesday :smile: Make sure you take all the forms / photocopies you need as a lot of people had forgotten! It lasts around 2 hours. You have to work in groups (who you're sat with on your table) and there is a member of staff assessing each person on every table. Our table had a guy from head office that sorts out training. These were our assessments:

1. We had a loo roll, a tomato and 5 straws. We had a minute and a half to come up with a way to protect the tomato when dropping it from shoulder height to the floor.

2. We were given cards with questions on, and we had to take it in turns to interview everyone on our table.

3. We were given about 20 cards with photos of products on. We were then given 6 cards (4 of us on the table, so one each and two spare) The one we had each, we had to pick the best products for the customer described and what questions we would ask them then present it to our table. The two spare, as a group we had to pick the best products for.

Good luck!
Reply 17
Hi can anyone help me I'm goin on an assesment day on Monday just wanted to know whats the best thig to do to get the job? And if anyone has been could you plz tel me what kind of assessments are done are their any written tests?and do they tel you if you got the job, I'm really nervous.thanks in advance
Reply 18
Hi there,
I had my welcome day on last thursday in city centre branch. I had got all the app forms so late .. I am unsure if i had filled them to my best. Otherwise i think it went good they had told to reply in five working day .. No rep yet .. Anxiously waiting .. Shud i call the agency manpower or wait patiently til i heAr :frown: losing hope nw its the forth working day after tht assesment day !
In need ov suggestions
Hi can you tell me what happened on your welcome day

Quick Reply

Latest