The Student Room Group

Help needed for my EPQ Research!

Hi everyone,
Im doing the Extended Project Qualification and I've come up with lost of ideas about what to do it on. But what interests me the most and I've already come up with a question is: 'To what extent does womens religious beliefs affect the way society views them?' I want to look at the place of a women following a religion specifically in society and how they implement it and how this affects societys perception of them as a whole - this includes all kinds of religions.
I've been brainstorming a lot about how to structure my research and to find a focus but I just cant seem to find a way to actually put it into words. Can anyone help me find a structure or the focus for my research? Any tips or pointers or any sort of advice, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Habeba
Hi everyone,
Im doing the Extended Project Qualification and I've come up with lost of ideas about what to do it on. But what interests me the most and I've already come up with a question is: 'To what extent does womens religious beliefs affect the way society views them?' I want to look at the place of a women following a religion specifically in society and how they implement it and how this affects societys perception of them as a whole - this includes all kinds of religions.
I've been brainstorming a lot about how to structure my research and to find a focus but I just cant seem to find a way to actually put it into words. Can anyone help me find a structure or the focus for my research? Any tips or pointers or any sort of advice, I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

I done an EPQ last year, although it was on Law. Your question is good but I think 'religious beleifs' is too broad. It would perhaps be better to focus on 1 or 2 religions so Islam perhaps as there will be tons of material on islam and women. In terms of research you can use Google Scholar, E-journals, University Libraries (If they let you in, some are a bit strict), The British Library in London (has everything, but I don't know where you live) and of course the internet (just don't reference wikipedia). It would even be a good idea to interview a prominent muslim figure for their views, or an muslim woman on her views just do give your essay another dimension and a higher grade. Your supervisor can help you with the structure, but for the time being it's best to gather all your resources and materials first. Typically you'll have headings and different sections though. Good luck
Don't worry so much about structuring at the moment, a better focus is on research as it may well influence the direction of your essay - it certainly did with mine.
Reply 3
Original post by Alex360
I done an EPQ last year, although it was on Law. Your question is good but I think 'religious beleifs' is too broad. It would perhaps be better to focus on 1 or 2 religions so Islam perhaps as there will be tons of material on islam and women. In terms of research you can use Google Scholar, E-journals, University Libraries (If they let you in, some are a bit strict), The British Library in London (has everything, but I don't know where you live) and of course the internet (just don't reference wikipedia). It would even be a good idea to interview a prominent muslim figure for their views, or an muslim woman on her views just do give your essay another dimension and a higher grade. Your supervisor can help you with the structure, but for the time being it's best to gather all your resources and materials first. Typically you'll have headings and different sections though. Good luck

I was actually thinking the same thing about just focusing on one religion - Preferably Islam because there is a lot of material as you said with regards to the role of women in the religion and the impact it has had on society. Maybe I could change my question a little bit, instead of womens religious beliefs maybe Muslim womens beliefs? And Wow, Thanks so much! I'll try those sites and my college has already given us IDs to enter certain Uni libraries so thats a good thing :smile: And thats a really good idea, thanks so much, I actually have a public figure in mind - wouldnt have thought of that at all. Thanks I really appreciate you taking the time out to give me really great suggestions. Im actually starting to find a way :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Habeba
I was actually thinking the same thing about just focusing on one religion - Preferably Islam because there is a lot of material as you said with regards to the role of women in the religion and the impact it has had on society. Maybe I could change my question a little bit, instead of womens religious beliefs maybe Muslim womens beliefs? And Wow, Thanks so much! I'll try those sites and my college has already given us IDs to enter certain Uni libraries so thats a good thing :smile: And thats a really good idea, thanks so much, I actually have a public figure in mind - wouldnt have thought of that at all. Thanks I really appreciate you taking the time out to give me really great suggestions. Im actually starting to find a way :smile:

Yeah you could do, it would probably be best to ask your supervisor or an Religious Studies teacher at your school. Good luck
Reply 5
Original post by Alex360
Yeah you could do, it would probably be best to ask your supervisor or an Religious Studies teacher at your school. Good luck

Will do and Thank you :smile:
Hi, I am doing an EPQ title on law as I want to study it at uni. In spite of this I lack slot of knowledge on the subject. Are A level textbooks/ revision guides a suitable form of research?
Thanks😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending