The Student Room Group

The "I don't think I've got the grades for uni" thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I know how you all feel. In my case my insurance offer is higher than my firm, so if I don't achieve my required grades I'm really screwed!
Reply 41
I think it's natural for those getting their results to feel this way. I hope you do attain grades good enough for your desired Uni's.
I've just come to the conclusion that i'm going through clearing.

Brb just telling my asian parents.
Reply 43
Not going to get into my firm and insurance and I don't want to go through clearing. :frown:
Got slaughtered by my last psychology paper. The other exams could go any way really so yeah, I'm incredibly worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Im in the position where my ums for all my subjects is so borderline that I could easily end up with either aaa or bbb. I need aaa/aab so I am cacking it a little as its going to be a close call!
Hey, I guess I belong on this thread too :frown:

If anyone here can answer this question, if I don't make my uni and therefore have to take a year out, how well would reapplying to my previous firm go? I mean it's not a hugely demanding course in terms of entry requirements (Engineering, need AAB, heard they will accept ABB), I also already have an A* so really only need AB, but I had 2 bad modules in June and I feel that it may drop me to a BB, or absolute worst case scenario, BC :frown: Would they even bother considering me? And how will the unis I'm reapplying to look at it? Will I stand a chance if I took a year out and improved my grades? I know I should have done better and I know I could have put more work into those 2 bad modules..
So yeah if anyone's bothered to read that paragraph and can give me some sort of answer, that'd be awesome :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Vian
I know how you all feel. In my case my insurance offer is higher than my firm, so if I don't achieve my required grades I'm really screwed!

But if they were the other way around and you didn't achieve the grades then I guess you wouldn't be going to either anyway. I hope you do get the grades for your firm though!!

Original post by Mellowhigh
I've just come to the conclusion that i'm going through clearing.

Brb just telling my asian parents.

Good luck :/
I don't want to go through clearing... so confused... don't know if it's better to reapply in a year to somewhere I've spent a long time thinking about or go through clearing and just go to university in desperation.. considering I've technically done 4 years of A levels due to illness :/

Original post by SaFa1237
Not going to get into my firm and insurance and I don't want to go through clearing. :frown:

Me too :hugs:
Where/what course are you applying for?

Original post by HeavyTeddy
Got slaughtered by my last psychology paper. The other exams could go any way really so yeah, I'm incredibly worried.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: my last human biology paper went badly :/ and I feel the same about my others too!

Original post by mooomooo
Im in the position where my ums for all my subjects is so borderline that I could easily end up with either aaa or bbb. I need aaa/aab so I am cacking it a little as its going to be a close call!

I know that feeling! German is ridiculous on my exam board... raw mark to UMS conversion is absolutely pointless some years it has even been raw marks are higher than UMS!! and I looked at the past papers and they were hard!
I need AA/AB but feel like I'll be lucky to get BB

Original post by Anythingoo1
Hey, I guess I belong on this thread too :frown:

If anyone here can answer this question, if I don't make my uni and therefore have to take a year out, how well would reapplying to my previous firm go? I mean it's not a hugely demanding course in terms of entry requirements (Engineering, need AAB, heard they will accept ABB), I also already have an A* so really only need AB, but I had 2 bad modules in June and I feel that it may drop me to a BB, or absolute worst case scenario, BC :frown: Would they even bother considering me? And how will the unis I'm reapplying to look at it? Will I stand a chance if I took a year out and improved my grades? I know I should have done better and I know I could have put more work into those 2 bad modules..
So yeah if anyone's bothered to read that paragraph and can give me some sort of answer, that'd be awesome :smile:

It depends what university I guess. Some are more bothered about resits/extra years than others. Good luck!
Reply 48
Original post by ANONYM00SE

Me too :hugs:
Where/what course are you applying for?

UCL for Chemistry.
need AAB.... at best i think ill get ABBB, at worst i think ill be getting BCCC

i have extenuating circumstances anyway that i gave my uni... just hoping for the best..
Reply 50
I need a B for both my choices, really worried my last biology exam messed it up :sad:
All my exams felt terrible this June.

Hope I have the grades for my firm but really doubt it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest the chances of me getting into either of my choices are absolutely abysmal; my firm is AAB and my insurance BBB.. The only subject I think I did okay in is English, might get an A if I'm extremely lucky, but Maths I'm definitely looking at a C at the very most, and let's not even talk about Psychology, haha. I know I have only myself to blame seeing as I'm the one who chose to do **** all revision, but man the thought of going through clearing is terrifying! Good luck to everyone, I hope you all do better than you expect :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by lostmymusic
To be honest the chances of me getting into either of my choices are absolutely abysmal; my firm is AAB and my insurance BBB.. The only subject I think I did okay in is English, might get an A if I'm extremely lucky, but Maths I'm definitely looking at a C at the very most, and let's not even talk about Psychology, haha. I know I have only myself to blame seeing as I'm the one who chose to do **** all revision, but man the thought of going through clearing is terrifying! Good luck to everyone, I hope you all do better than you expect :smile:

Yeah my firm is AAB and my insurance is BBB too (well officially 300 UCAS).

I have to be honest, I didn't come out of one exam thinking 'oh I think I aced that', I either thought 'meh' or it went terribly - panicked over timing too much in geography so think I've literally bombed that and will be hoping for a miracle if I stand a chance of meeting either of my universities.

Quick Reply

Latest