The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Accommodation Help: Jack Martin or Rootes?

I originally put Rootes as my first choice and Jack Martin as Second. But unfortunately as my parents are paying for my accommodation, they're forcing me to put Jack Martin as my first choice and Rootes as my second.

I'm somebody who likes to party and meet new people, but I do also like to chill. I do like clubbing occasionally, but not all the time. The one thing i'm worried about is getting to JM and it being a bit to casual and anti-partying for my liking; I was kind of thinking of throwing myself into the deep end at Rootes on the social side of things.

I was wondering if somebody could give me a comprehensive list of the benefits of Rootes and JM, like partying and social stuff, i'm already aware of the room and en-suite benefits. I've looked through these forums loads and i've just gotten more confused; I've heard Jack Martin is still pretty fun on the social side and partying, just not as much as Rootes. Although, i've also heard that it's not considered very 'fun' at all, although I don't know whether this was posted by someone who went to JM or not.

Help please? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by All Outa Angst
I originally put Rootes as my first choice and Jack Martin as Second. But unfortunately as my parents are paying for my accommodation, they're forcing me to put Jack Martin as my first choice and Rootes as my second.

I'm somebody who likes to party and meet new people, but I do also like to chill. I do like clubbing occasionally, but not all the time. The one thing i'm worried about is getting to JM and it being a bit to casual and anti-partying for my liking; I was kind of thinking of throwing myself into the deep end at Rootes on the social side of things.

I was wondering if somebody could give me a comprehensive list of the benefits of Rootes and JM, like partying and social stuff, i'm already aware of the room and en-suite benefits. I've looked through these forums loads and i've just gotten more confused; I've heard Jack Martin is still pretty fun on the social side and partying, just not as much as Rootes. Although, i've also heard that it's not considered very 'fun' at all, although I don't know whether this was posted by someone who went to JM or not.

Help please? :smile:

Don't worry too much about it - this isn't something worth arguing a lot over. Jack Martin is often oversubscribed so you're less likely to get in. Also, your personal description is a lot more important for determining if you'll be in a sociable area, since both halls would have loud and quiet areas in them. If you still strongly prefer rootes then you could perhaps mention that if you were in Jack Martin then the parents would have to help move your stuff out each holidays.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
They want to pay more for the accommodation? :lolwut:

Also, in terms of how 'sociable' a hall is, I really don't think you can say an entire hall is one particular thing-your experience will depend on who you share a kitchen with, and you'll be put with people with similar interests. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending