The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have voted, good luck to all candidates.
Original post by Morgsie
QFA

Regarding the Attorney General, what is this position and have you commented in the character of it before?
Reply 42
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Regarding the Attorney General, what is this position and have you commented in the character of it before?

I can only propose, advise, rule and even warn. I have warned in the past. I have made suggestions publicly and privately. This is behind behind the scenes mostly. The role is still unclear and I want to work with others to make it clearer. I love researching international law etc, its fascinating. I have done stuff behind the scenes.

Regarding your other question: some mergers, some on the article page and de-stick condolences
Reply 43
To the candidates: would you consider further reforms to make UNO positions and the Attorney General more relevant and integral?
Original post by Birchington
To the candidates: would you consider further reforms to make UNO positions and the Attorney General more relevant and integral?

Yes, but in terms of the Attorney General position I'd want to ensure any changes were discussed openly and ultimately voted on. In my opinion, though, reforms need to come from both sides of the partnership, whilst I'd do as much as I can as SG, forty-odd heads are better than one when it comes to ideas.
Reply 45

Definitely, I would like to expand this into new and more active roles in which they can show there full potential, for my reform I would

Introduce new ranks for the UNO

Expand there role descriptions, introducing more modern techniques.

Have more of a leadership understanding (Attorney General)

Increase the contribution that them roles have on the MUN

Reply 46
Original post by Cheese_Monster
Question to all candidates, what will be the future of the current stickied threads if you're elected? Do you intend to preserve Birchington's creations or make your own stamp on things?

Would you consider abolishing the absolutely redundant MUN condolences thread?

I would like to keep some of Birchington's Creations as well as put my own stamp on things, I would like to make updates to a few threads, like the chater, to make it look a little more modern with a fresh look. I would like to also clear up the forums a little bit, however all the work that is no longer in use will be moved into a Archive, so we can look back in the past, or even use it again some time.

The current sticky threads will most properly have a few "Minor" Changes, Such as

Sticky: Buddy Scheme

Sticky: Condolance Thread

with a few other changes in the future.
Reply 47

I have been trying to do it for a while now and if elected Ib will carry on and clarify roles aswell. I have been active but behind the scenes.
(edited 10 years ago)
I thank all candidates for their responses, good luck to all.
Reply 49
Original post by Ry.
I would like to keep some of Birchington's Creations as well as put my own stamp on things, I would like to make updates to a few threads, like the chater, to make it look a little more modern with a fresh look. I would like to also clear up the forums a little bit, however all the work that is no longer in use will be moved into a Archive, so we can look back in the past, or even use it again some time.

The current sticky threads will most properly have a few "Minor" Changes, Such as

Sticky: Buddy Scheme

Sticky: Condolance Thread

with a few other changes in the future.

Seeing as the Charter has recently been updated and given a fresher look do you still believe that it needs an even better look or would you only make slight alterations? After all, altering the Charter is quite a time-consuming job...
Reply 50
Original post by RoryS
Seeing as the Charter has recently been updated and given a fresher look do you still believe that it needs an even better look or would you only make slight alterations? After all, altering the Charter is quite a time-consuming job...

I would like to make Minor Alterations, while doing this I hope to give it a fresh look.
Reply 51
Original post by Ry.
I would like to make Minor Alterations, while doing this I hope to give it a fresh look.

Okay :biggrin:
Reply 52
Original post by RoryS
Okay :biggrin:

I want to codify some stuff
Reply 53
Do you want a SG who thinks he is superior than everyone else and thinks your scum trash etc?

I think not, this is what you will get if TMD is elected who thinks I am scum trash etc
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Original post by Morgsie
Do you want a SG who thinks he is superior than everyone else and thinks your scum trash etc?

I think not

I definitely don't want one that throws a tantrum when things aren't going their way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by meenu89
I definitely don't want one that throws a tantrum when things aren't going there way.

I am not throwing one, I don't think it is acceptable
Reply 56
Original post by Morgsie

I think not, this is what you will get if TMD is elected who thinks I am scum trash etc
Please don't bring comments from the Commons Bar over to the MUN, it's not good for the standard of debate and totally irrelevant to events here.
Reply 57
Actually it is relevant, it is not acceptable for a SG to do this: calling members dirt etc
I cannot believe some people think this is okay, it is not
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Morgsie
Actually it is relevant, it is not acceptable for a SG to do this: calling members dirt etc
The incident did not happen in the Model UN though, and if it does happen here in future, anyone offended has the power to call a VONC. Candidates in this election should not be held to account for comments they made in other areas of TSR - only their track record within the MUN is really crucial to this process.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
The incident did not happen in the Model UN though, and if it does happen here in future, anyone offended has the power to call a VONC.

Yes it did not happen here but my point still stands that it is f-ing bang out of order to call people dirt like this. There questions over integrity.

Apparently I am an extremist which is pure BS
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending