The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Modules and Pathways

Hello,

I will be going to QMUL in the fall for my MA in English Lit.
I received an email this morning saying that we are supposed to start choosing our modules.

Being a Canadian University student, I am not quite sure what modules are or how the entire course selection thing will work. Can anyone explain to me what/how modules work?

Also, when should we register for our online accounts and emails?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Hi, I'm not an MA student, but from what you said, the main assumption would be to look into the course itself on the QM website and look at modules that you'd prefer to do. I think you should probably make some sort of login to actually put your choices down. If you're unsure about what you actually need to sign up for to do this, maybe email the dept. that emailed you to clarify. QM has been so quick at replying to me, even for the smallest question for my Undergrad application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Sorry, Just realised I didn't explain modules, they are the specific classes you'll take. The course overview on the site should give you a layout of which classes you do in which term and which you can choose to do. So because they asked you to start making a choice, it's probably easier to look at the modules on offer and look in to more detail and ask about any you're unsure of before you decide to go for it.
If you're starting in September, I don't suppose you need to make an online account just as yet ( unless they email you to do so, but from what I see they usually get you to do that in orientation or just before you start).
sorry if I'm being unclear, I'm saying it from an undergrad perspective, don't know if it'd be the same for you, just wanted to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Thank you so much!! This was very helpful! I guess I just didnt understand that module simply meant course! Again, thank you so much! I have been doing research all week and am so excited about school starting this fall :smile:
Reply 4
No problem, PM me if you have any other questions, related to Queen Mary or not, I'm happy to help! I'm still thinking about QM so will see you around if I do end up choosing it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending