The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jabberwox
Bra sizes is like a science to me, I still can't work out if I'm 30E, 28FF, 26G or what :confused: (and yes, 26G DOES exist).

No bras seem to fit me correctly so I might just say sod it to proper bras and wear sports ones or tank tops.

What're your measurements? What boob shape are you? You might be choosing the wrong style for your shape

Pick which one looks like your boobs

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
What're your measurements? What boob shape are you? You might be choosing the wrong style for your shape

Pick which one looks like your boobs

Mine don't really look like any of them :confused:

I've been professionally measured and it still doesn't feel right and I'm not absolutely huge either so I tend to go without if I can.
Mine don't really look like any of them :confused:

I've been professionally measured and it still doesn't feel right and I'm not absolutely huge either so I tend to go without if I can.

Are you shallow busted? Basically shallow boobs are boobs which have eitehr a wide or tall [or both ] root that's spread out, so not very projected.

breasts.png
The boobs on the left are shallow and the boobs on the right are not. Basically they might be 'the same size' but they are completely different shapes. Their volume might be the same but the shallow one is taller and wider and flatter than the other.
Are you shallow busted? Basically shallow boobs are boobs which have eitehr a wide or tall [or both ] root that's spread out, so not very projected.

breasts.png
The boobs on the left are shallow and the boobs on the right are not. Basically they might be 'the same size' but they are completely different shapes. Their volume might be the same but the shallow one is taller and wider and flatter than the other.

If I have to choose one on that chart I'd say mine are more towards the one that says Even 2/5. But no they're not shallow, they are kinda droopy (excuse the too much information) but not BIG as such, because I don't get back ache when I don't wear a bra so I don't need the support as much as a larger-chested girl. If anything, my back hurts more when it's on :confused:
If I have to choose one on that chart I'd say mine are more towards the one that says Even 2/5. But no they're not shallow, they are kinda droopy (excuse the too much information) but not BIG as such, because I don't get back ache when I don't wear a bra so I don't need the support as much as a larger-chested girl. If anything, my back hurts more when it's on :confused:

Your bra shouldn't hurt. Have you been to Bravissimo? I find they're usually very good and have a good selection of bras. Do you know whether your root is narrow or wide? Basically stick your arm up and feel where your boob ends along your side. It affects whether you need narrow or wide wires.

Fitting boobs is complicated :wink:
Your bra shouldn't hurt. Have you been to Bravissimo? I find they're usually very good and have a good selection of bras. Do you know whether your root is narrow or wide? Basically stick your arm up and feel where your boob ends along your side. It affects whether you need narrow or wide wires.

Fitting boobs is complicated :wink:

Yep, I've been to Bravissimo. :smile: I found they put me in a bra that stopped my shoulder tension (I'd had shoulder tension for years from apparently wearing the wrong size bra) but it's so tight and pushy-uppy I can't wear it for more than a few hours.

My root's narrow.
Yep, I've been to Bravissimo. :smile: I found they put me in a bra that stopped my shoulder tension (I'd had shoulder tension for years from apparently wearing the wrong size bra) but it's so tight and pushy-uppy I can't wear it for more than a few hours.

My root's narrow.

Oh right :frown: If your root is narrow I recommend ordering from some Polish brands like Ewa Michalak, they specially cater for narrow roots.
I love how this thread is helping people find comfortable bras :smile:

Thought I'd add that I had a really good bra fitting at M&S and now I buy all my bras from there. They're not too pricey and actually look really pretty.
Until I got measured I was wearing a 34B/C, now I wear a 32D but she said I'd probably need a DD in some styles which is true. The smaller band makes such a difference! I used to be constantly pulling my bra down to stop it from riding up. I have a pretty large ribcage so I get really confused when other people tell me they are a 34 band.

Also I wish I could by bras from places like primark but they all seem to be 34A/B/C sizes which is really weird. I feel so bad for thin people that need something like a 28 band, it must be so annoying!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by therisenmitten
I love how this thread is helping people find comfortable bras :smile:

Thought I'd add that I had a really good bra fitting at M&S and now I buy all my bras from there. They're not too pricey and actually look really pretty.
Until I got measured I was wearing a 34B/C, now I wear a 32D but she said I'd probably need a DD in some styles which is true. The smaller band makes such a difference! I used to be constantly pulling my bra down to stop it from riding up. I have a pretty large ribcage so I get really confused when other people tell me they are a 34 band.

Also I wish I could by bras from places like primark but they all seem to be 34A/B/C sizes which is really weird. I feel so bad for thin people that need something like a 28 band, it must be so annoying!

That's really interesting, last time I went into M&S they tried to put me in something like a 32G and the band was up by my neck. Glad to hear they're getting better! I love the styles of bra in M&S, it always hurts that they don't make my size as their bras are so pretty! I did it to try and help people, the title usually makes people think "but those are massive boobs!" then they see the photos, measure themselves and get fitted!

Yeah I need a 28 band and I'm not THAT skinny, I'm just a bit lanky really :tongue: So hard to find! The irony being that when properly measured, 34AB and C are actually rare sizes!
Reply 149
Yeah my back doesn't hurt at all :smile: It used to in ill fitting bras because the straps were taking all the weight but in a properly fitting bra it feels much nicer. I also have scars in my ribs from my boobs pushing too small cups down in to my chest and the wires cutting in and scarring. I get problems with fitting in clothes and men staring at me, but other than that I don't get any physical problems with them.

Ah that's good :smile: But ouch at your previous experiences :L Haha do you feel self conscious about the attention or are you used to it?
Original post by AparnaX
Ah that's good :smile: But ouch at your previous experiences :L Haha do you feel self conscious about the attention or are you used to it?

Yeah the wrong bra on me REALLY causes a lot of pain. That's why I'm such a boob geek, I learned all there is to know about it because I had to :awesome:

Usually I don't mind, if it's like an odd glance or anything that's fine, but if anyone starts full on stalking me or sexually harassing me, I usually tell them where to go.
Reply 151
Yeah the wrong bra on me REALLY causes a lot of pain. That's why I'm such a boob geek, I learned all there is to know about it because I had to :awesome:

Usually I don't mind, if it's like an odd glance or anything that's fine, but if anyone starts full on stalking me or sexually harassing me, I usually tell them where to go.

Must be so irritating.. I feel for you! Although at the same time, so many girls would love to have your chest :P
Original post by AparnaX
Must be so irritating.. I feel for you! Although at the same time, so many girls would love to have your chest :P

Haha thank you :smile: I generally like them but getting clothes is annoying, not to mention bras! :angry: :tongue:
Reply 153
Haha thank you :smile: I generally like them but getting clothes is annoying, not to mention bras! :angry: :tongue:

Yeah, its the price you have to pay for having great tits :wink:
Reply 154
I get them custom made for me haha. I have an awkward shape where I have all forward boob and no side boob, so very projected and close set, so I get the best fit custom made.

I bet that costs a fair bit, but at least its the right size and should be much more comfortable then anything else.
Yeah what the **** is this

Lovely girl but bra doesn't fit at all. Why Kate, why would you let them put your boobies in this :sad:

Because it bulges, and that's what we wanna see :sogood:
But seriously na that bra doesn't fit her.
Reply 156
I think because it sounds "huge" when you say "double D". Honestly, it just depends on the band size, the letters in bra sizes determine just the volume so that your boobs fit in the right cup.

Latest

Trending

Trending