The Student Room Group

The work continues...

(This is a bit of a moan, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this happening to them?)

So I finished my AS levels, Year 12 is basically over, but we've launched straight into A2 work. And not lightly either. Less than two weeks after my last exam, and I'm getting at least an hour of homework a night. The problem is, my brain is winding down, so where before I may have gone "sure, I'll do this, no problem!", now it's "oh get lost, I can't be bothered!".

Pretty annoying considering the hours a day revision I did over the last two or so months...

Anyone else launched full thwack into A2 after finishing AS?
I think pretty much everyone doing A levels does this.. It's because there is so much to learn that teachers want to get it finished as soon as possible in order to maximise revision time!

It is very frustrating but I guess a small price to pay for the potential outcome of a well paid job!
Reply 2
I suppose putting it into that context makes it more... Tolerable. I'm using my goal of university to keep me going. That, and the fact I only have two weeks left of term! :biggrin:
Reply 3
They did the exact same thing at my school. I was the same as you, I did the homework, but to a poor standard. Just remember that you'll have plenty of time to go over all this again when you're revising so just don't try too hard, but don't give up entirely :laugh:
Original post by SilentSeraph
I suppose putting it into that context makes it more... Tolerable. I'm using my goal of university to keep me going. That, and the fact I only have two weeks left of term! :biggrin:

Same here :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
You've pretty much answered it for yourself, mate.

and I quote:

Pretty annoying considering the hours a day revision I did over the last two or so months...

You've done a lot of the hard work that was required, but you can't waste all that time you've put into the first year when you're so close to your goals after A Levels, if any. Continue with the same attitude that you have done in the past which is a positive one and you shall be overwhelmed with your final A2/A Level grades.

Quick Reply

Latest