The Student Room Group

Help me improve my image. Girls only.

Scroll to see replies

A good idea would be to do what Micheal Jackson did.
Original post by noone29
Not being funny but it's one thing chatting socially to two hot girls and another to get a similarly hot girl to like you. Unless you're saying OP has lower standards and simply chatting to girls shows he's not shy? I guess that's a fair assumption. He has the foundations at least. It's far easier to improve your outside than it is your inside and mentally if you're really shy and don't speak much.

I am just going by what you wrote.

You have also implied that you asked women out, so are not a true introvert if you can chat to women. That's how most people hook up with girls.

Her liking you is a different story and comes down to her
Original post by noone29
I'd also like to point out that location is very important. In cities like London, it's far more common for racial mixing and integration because it is so diverse. Everyone's used to it and if they complain about it it is very frowned upon. This is one of the great things about London. It's so mixed. If you look at every social group, there's usually at least one or two minorities, whether they're white other or Asian or Black or whatever they may be.

I do think in Northern cities it is harder. Partly because a select few Asians think it's okay to start rape gangs and target white girls. This is less common in London than say up north or in the East Midlands imo

I find London girls so much more fun and open with all races compared to a city like Liverpool. If you go to Liverpool you're lucky to find any minorities there! So if there's none there imagine how hard it is to get a girl there!

I've found Manchester to be okay although this is only the centre, when you start going a bit further out it gets more racist.

But London, and possibly the South-East, is on another scale compared to the rest of the UK in terms of racial mixing. It's hard to explain.

I used to go to Uni in Scotland, I saw plenty of black and brown guys dating outside of their race. I lost my virginity to a white girl when I was in Scotland - and it was not Edinburgh or Glasgow.

I also happen to be a native Londoner, I met my racist Russian ex girlfriend in London. So you are deluded to a slight degree.

Another good story - I was once in a nightclub in London over in Leicester square and I overheard 2 girls say 'lets get out of here there are too many stinking Indians around'

There are racist people everywhere. But if you have real value, high status/looks it won't matter.
Reply 83
Original post by fat_hobbit
I used to go to Uni in Scotland, I saw plenty of black and brown guys dating outside of their race. I lost my virginity to a white girl when I was in Scotland - and it was not Edinburgh or Glasgow.

I also happen to be a native Londoner, I met my racist Russian ex girlfriend in London. So you are deluded to a slight degree.

Another good story - I was once in a nightclub in London over in Leicester square and I overheard 2 girls say 'lets get out of here there are too many stinking Indians around'

There are racist people everywhere. But if you have real value, high status/looks it won't matter.

Well I personally wouldn't go near a Russian, it's an extremely racist country.

And now you're talking about random people. I was using your philosophy of meeting people and getting in a social circle and then moving for a girl...you can't keep switching..
Original post by SR255
Humans tend to prefer their dating within their own race. If he went for Asian girls he would probably be more successful.

What a load of bull**** ...
Original post by Kutta
or get a body like this and girls will die for you:

That takes years of hard work, working professionals usually don't have time to do this.

But yes, working out will improve your confidence and give you something to strive for.
Reply 86
Let's be honest OP isn't the best looking man in the world, he isn't ugly but at the same time he's never going to be that lad that girls see at first and think 'wow he's fit' etc - I think all the advice about improving his looks is valid but he also has to be realistic, he's never going to be the type of person who pulls every time he goes to clubs as the competition is too high and pulling is clubs is largely superficial, I have a mate who pulls girls by literally tapping them on the back... two minutes later they're getting together, the only reason that's possible is because he's ****ing good looking.

I'd recommend some contacts, better clothes, maybe go to the gym and just try approaching girls in a different way if I'm honest.
Original post by noone29
Well I personally wouldn't go near a Russian, it's an extremely racist country.

And now you're talking about random people. I was using your philosophy of meeting people and getting in a social circle and then moving for a girl...you can't keep switching..

I was responding to your comment about things being different depending where you are.

And that's what you need to change, aside from Russian, I have had French, British, Scottish and a few others. Ironically NEVER been with an Asian girl; they always give me the most grief.

you need to change your attitude and not give a monkeys by accepting that some girls may not like you because of your race. Even then banter with them...Recently for example I approached a rich good looking Iranian over at Mayfair. I told her 'so what do you think about Indians? I hear most Arabs are racist'. She ended up asking for my number at the end of the night because she like the fact that I was confident and down to earth. And this was with 2 white guys hitting on her.

This is where I do agree with being confident.
Confidence - he has posted a pic with 2 hot girls, I assume this guy is able to chat a lot of **** on a night out.

But like all things, if a man keeps getting rejected like he has been, then his confidence is naturally going to dip. If he had a GF right now, he wouldn't be starting this thread on TSR.

Our confidence is only as good as our environment allows us to be

Hate it when people say this ****, ends up giving the OP an excuse to not work on himself physically.

Alot of truth in this post
Reply 89
I was responding to your comment about things being different depending where you are.

And that's what you need to change, aside from Russian, I have had French, British, Scottish and a few others. Ironically NEVER been with an Asian girl; they always give me the most grief.

you need to change your attitude and not give a monkeys by accepting that some girls may not like you because of your race. Even then banter with them...Recently for example I approached a rich good looking Iranian over at Mayfair. I told her 'so what do you think about Indians? I hear most Arabs are racist'. She ended up asking for my number at the end of the night because she like the fact that I was confident and down to earth. And this was with 2 white guys hitting on her.

This is where I do agree with being confident

I believe the OP has a lot of confidence, I mean what insecure, self-hating individual would have the the guts to post their image and ask people to judge their aesthetics.

I think fixing the way he dresses and getting a decent haircut + losing some weight might see his chances improved. Not much we can do about the face... But being less animated could help.
Reply 90
No.It does not say he is a 'ladies man', BUT, it shows that he is confident enough to talk to beautiful women.

And that says a lot, the issue isn't HIS social skills.

If you read his post, it is clear that he asking women out as well. A lot of guys can't even do that.

He's just being "friend zoned"

Good looking women that are spoiled for choice will only date guys that have value. In superficial environments such as bars/clubs and online dating, the first thing they are going to look at is your looks. And you will be judged accordingly.

Obviously given the number of women he has approached, his looks are as many have pointed out proving to be a deal breaker, which is why he is unable to get a girlfiend. Irrespective of race, this will be a problem with girls generally. I used to be very geeky back in the day, and even girls of my own ethnicity would call me it.

EDIT:

The idiots who harp about looks not mattering also don't seem to realise, that you should do all you can to make life easier for yourself by shifting the odds in your favour. If that means going to the gym for 6 months, and becoming more stylish, so be it.

This guys got it right

Posted from TSR Mobile
definitely let your hair grow out and get it styled, buy some hair clay. get contacts so you can lose the glasses.

if you have money- get a personal trainer and tell him you want to bulk up, then get a protein shake and use it how he/she recommends.
Original post by Little J
I believe the OP has a lot of confidence, I mean what insecure, self-hating individual would have the the guts to post their image and ask people to judge their aesthetics

Listen to this girl OP.

On top of that, what insecure, guy has the balls to approach 2 hot blond girls and get a photo taken with them on a night out. For sure, when I was feeling really insecure, I developed such BAD social anxiety, that I would shy away. And even if a photo was taken, I would not publicly put it on the internet. Especially if I looked as sad as he does with the 2 girls.

I think fixing the way he dresses and getting a decent haircut + losing some weight might see his chances improved. Not much we can do about the face... But being less animated could help.

When his hair grows out, it will bring balance to his face. I have a long face like him, and it probably doesn't look good when my hair is that short.

Contacts will help get rid of the geeky looks. Saying that, the frames he is wearing are too professor like and not stylish.

And finally smiling with his teeth will help massively. If you look at the photo with the blondes, the blonde that is smiling with her teeth, looks hotter then the one with the closed smile.

I dont know why guys don't, such a big attraction booster.

Original poster:

I spoke about my Russian Ex, because if I can date a girl like that, why can't you? Looks wise at the time I was worse then you, but because my status was so high she overlooked it and fell in love with my charm.

Play the game.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by socialnoob
I don't mean to sound arrogant but I have a good job and earn quite a good salary for a 22 year old but the one thing I can't seem to hack is girls. I can't seem to find any girl that's attracted to me. I have approached so many girls its unbelievable but I always get fobbed off with "your not my type". I don't think I'm particularly unattractive, then again I might be!

Are there any girls out there who are willing to help me improve my image? If you are could you please send me a PM and we will take it from there.

Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you considered reading psychology books, the whole angle of closing a girl its simple equivalent exchange.

If you develop a good intro/probe/match/close thats when you know you have game.
lose the glasses, grow your hair a little, smile more

The idiots who harp about looks not mattering also don't seem to realise, that you should do all you can to make life easier for yourself by shifting the odds in your favour. If that means going to the gym for 6 months, and becoming more stylish, so be it.

Massively agree with this.
Reply 96
Get shredded and acquire accessories :cool:

In before anyone else :rolleyes:
Reply 97
Original post by SloaneRanger
Have you considered reading psychology books, the whole angle of closing a girl its simple equivalent exchange.

If you develop a good intro/probe/match/close thats when you know you have game.

I have seen some of these books. I have done a bit of research on them and they seem to be based on pseudoscience imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
The general advice I seem to be getting is to bulk up, get better clothes and to grow my hair a little. The point regarding growing my hair is causing confusion. Everyone here is saying that it should be longer, however, everyone who I know personally (friends, family members, work mates) say that it should be kept short (0.5 on sides and 4 on top shaped up with a razor)

Thanks for all your replies so far,
they have been of great help. I'm sorry that I can't thank you all individually; I just don't have the time.

Keep the advice coming! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by socialnoob
The general advice I seem to be getting is to bulk up, get better clothes and to grow my hair a little. The point regarding growing my hair is causing confusion. Everyone here is saying that it should be longer, however, everyone who I know personally (friends, family members, work mates) say that it should be kept short (0.5 on sides and 4 on top shaped up with a razor)

Thanks for all your replies so far,
they have been of great help. I'm sorry that I can't thank you all individually; I just don't have the time.

Keep the advice coming! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have to grow it! I prefer to have short hair, easier to maintain and style. 2 on back and sides, tad longer scissors on top. Use Matte fudge to style or Paul Mitchell flexible shaping paste.

Ouch 0.5 on sides? Yeah, increase that to 2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending