Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why didn't my iPhone alarm go off?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My alarm is usually set for 05:50. Last night, I sat it for 06:45 today. It didn't go off and so I missed out on going to a theme park, as the minibus left at 08:30 and I woke up at 9. What happened?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Could have been you accidentally set it for the wrong day? Maybe you just slept through it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    Could have been you accidentally set it for the wrong day? Maybe you just slept through it.
    I set it to everyday. Maybe I did sleep through it, but I never have before.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    was the volume on low?
    if you have a jailbroken phone, you could get an app called alarming that maxes the volume of the alarm when it goes off, then returns to normal

although there have been times when it goes off and i still slept through it
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Your sound button, on the side, was probably switched off?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    You always need a backup alarm, don't be foolish.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Phone companies should have legal action taken against them for this!! Think of all the psychological stress it causes!

Okay, maybe that's a bit over the top, but it really does mess with your head. I've had it happened to me a couple of times and from that moment on, you're constantly paranoid about it happening again and resulting in you sleeping through something important.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 28, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.