The Student Room Group

Best college for Medicine Cambridge

I'm asking for a friend, but which college would you suggest as best for Medicine. Also, preferably not too private school-y as she's quite left wing and doesn't really to study with too many Tory Toffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There isn't that much difference between the colleges in terms of academic performance so it really depends on which one she likes most. Churchill has a lot of state-school students and is quite liberal and untraditional.
Reply 3
Homerton.
Reply 4
Medical students in Cambridge go to the same lectures so choosing a college is really for small group sessions and a place where you sleep, go to the library etc. it really depends whether she would like to go to a big college (e.g. Kings) or a smaller one, whether she would like one in the town or slightly further out (e.g. Churchill)
Original post by Chlorophile
There isn't that much difference between the colleges in terms of academic performance so it really depends on which one she likes most. Churchill has a lot of state-school students and is quite liberal and untraditional.

Churchill's also aaaaaaaaages away from everything and looks like a prison
Original post by MrSupernova

I actually quite liked the look of it. It might not be as traditional as the other colleges but I didn't find it too bad. The distance is a bit annoying though, I agree.
Reply 7
Original post by Noble.
Homerton.

PRSOM - although I would have gone for Girton…

I'll agree it looks ugly.

However, in Cambridge, nothing is ever really far away. Plus, you can walk on the grass as much as you like at Churchill. And it has a sculpture out the front that looks like a mixture between something phallic and an innocent seal :yep:
Reply 9

it doesn't look the best from the outside but the rooms inside are much bigger than some of the other colleges and you have the advantage of staying in your room the whole time whereas most other colleges you have to move out in 2nd year to other accommodation.
Original post by Noble.
Homerton.

The food's great there!
Original post by medicine12
it doesn't look the best from the outside but the rooms inside are much bigger than some of the other colleges and you have the advantage of staying in your room the whole time whereas most other colleges you have to move out in 2nd year to other accommodation.

Homerton and Queen's guarantee accommodation for your first 3 years too. Maybe the fact I went on a day when there was a torrential downpour made Churchill look worse than it really is...
Homerton and Queen's guarantee accommodation for your first 3 years too. Maybe the fact I went on a day when there was a torrential downpour made Churchill look worse than it really is...

Haha perhaps :P. if you look on youtube there are some videos which show the inside of the colleges
Original post by medicine12
Haha perhaps :P. if you look on youtube there are some videos which show the inside of the colleges

Thanks :smile: I've been inside Churchill, Queen's and Homerton, and the rooms did look quite nice in Churchill, even though the housing block most of them are in is absolutely vile. I'd hate to have a ground floor room too - having loads of people walk by your window on their way to the sports fields didn't look fun
Reply 14
caius

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending