The Student Room Group

2014 Graduate Programmes Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chapeau Rouge
It is business casual, obv some people wear suits but you won't stand out by just wearing a shirt and tie etc.! Just don't wear jeans. Wear what makes you feel most comfortable, that day simply consists of sitting at a table with people from your business unit, people talk at you, you eat, more people talk at you, you get lunch, talk to more people on your table. So wear something comfortable for sitting in :P

Thanks! One less thing to worry about. :biggrin:
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
It is business casual, obv some people wear suits but you won't stand out by just wearing a shirt and tie etc.! Just don't wear jeans. Wear what makes you feel most comfortable, that day simply consists of sitting at a table with people from your business unit, people talk at you, you eat, more people talk at you, you get lunch, talk to more people on your table. So wear something comfortable for sitting in :P

Is it ok to wear a dress?
Original post by ACA2014

I am def wearing a dress and blazer. I always wear dresses to interviews and the like as I rarely feel over/underdressed with one on. I feel like a bit of a prat wearing a matching suit.

As long as you're reasonably smart and look comfortable, I can't imagine anyone having much to say about your outfit.
Yeah definitely, that's what my everyday wear is! I think I wore blazer on first day but it remained on the back of my chair the entire day and I've never worn it again as I think it's too smart...

Also girls, virtually no one wears the suit and 90% of females don't own one so don't bother unless you really enjoy wearing them!
Original post by ACA2014
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm quite accustomed to wearing suits, especially to interviews. In fact, I'd like to have a job where it didn't feel like I was overdressing if I wore a suit. :biggrin:
Any tips for the partner interview?

Got mine on Wednesday and I'm terrified!
Original post by natty_d

Relax, don't try too hard, remember that they want you to succeed (a partner's time is incredibly expensive)
Original post by Hedgeman49
Relax, don't try too hard, remember that they want you to succeed (a partner's time is incredibly expensive)

Thanks!

A bit worried about the presentation part as well!
Original post by natty_d

Is this for the new style partner interview? I'm not in CF but still waiting to hear back for an interview... they're so slow sorting it for us asdffff

And good luck for your interview! :smile:
Original post by ohdrama
Is this for the new style partner interview? I'm not in CF but still waiting to hear back for an interview... they're so slow sorting it for us asdffff

And good luck for your interview! :smile:

I still have no idea.

Luckily I was an intern this summer so we got given dates pretty quickly.
Original post by natty_d
I still have no idea.

Luckily I was an intern this summer so we got given dates pretty quickly.

Yeh I was an intern as well, just not in CF :smile: None of us have heard back so far as they are still training partners for the new style interview. Recruitment has told us mid-August, then end of August, early September the latest and now they're all like "oh there have been delays in training partners so it's going to be even later"...
Original post by ohdrama
Yeh I was an intern as well, just not in CF :smile: None of us have heard back so far as they are still training partners for the new style interview. Recruitment has told us mid-August, then end of August, early September the latest and now they're all like "oh there have been delays in training partners so it's going to be even later"...

oh :erm:

they were far too quick to do mine, and then they had to reschedule it twice!
Does anyone know if PWC have a tax intake for April? I can see that audit vacancies for the Spring have opened up, but not tax, which is a shame as I'd like to start as soon as possible.
Reply 1713
Original post by KingPrawn0356
Does anyone know if PWC have a tax intake for April? I can see that audit vacancies for the Spring have opened up, but not tax, which is a shame as I'd like to start as soon as possible.

I know PwC has April intake for assurance and consulting. But I doubt for tax, never heard of anyone joining in April
I'm wondering what the big four audit starting salaries are in London this year? I've heard rumors of them being bumped up a bit but wondering if anyone with more info can confirm.

I know for the past 3 years they've been at 27k so virtually frozen.
Original post by snakesnake
I'm wondering what the big four audit starting salaries are in London this year? I've heard rumors of them being bumped up a bit but wondering if anyone with more info can confirm.

I know for the past 3 years they've been at 27k so virtually frozen.

PwC's has stayed the same, the 2010 joiners said they got the same as well so not gone up in a while :/
They're going to struggle maintaining them at those levels, as the market for accountants is pretty buoyant from the demand side globally. I guess they think they add a premium to whatever salary they offer through their brand and reputation for excellent training, but money does matter.
Original post by TCA2b
They're going to struggle maintaining them at those levels, as the market for accountants is pretty buoyant from the demand side globally. I guess they think they add a premium to whatever salary they offer through their brand and reputation for excellent training, but money does matter.

They can pay less because of the name, but also because very few firms can offer the same level of study support
Original post by Hedgeman49
They can pay less because of the name, but also because very few firms can offer the same level of study support

Exactly. The study support is in a way compensation in a different form.

As proof: the new set of ICAEW TI exams had a 37% overall pass rate for Corporate Reporting, probably one of the lowest ever. At one Big Four however the pass rate was 94%, thanks to study support.
Yeah, but they're also competing with other graduate employers, who pay much more generously, so at some point they will up the ante. Also, I was under the impression that PWC now has its graduate students study through online learning? Isn't this a lower level of support than it used to offer? Or do they still offer the same level of support as before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending