The Student Room Group

2014 Graduate Programmes Applications

PwC are offering 'shared schemes' so you can combine Assurance with Financial Advisory (Transaction Services/Valuations etc). Seems relatively new. :holmes:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I will be applying to all of the Big 4 when they open, although dont need to with Deloitte cus im interning there, still gonna apply to the others though just in case.

Anybody know when they all open? Deloittes open on the 1st July.
Reply 2
I'm applying to PwC for internships. Still can't decide - London, London satellite or university city office :/ argh!

P.S Anyone know when internship applications open? PwC more precisely?
(edited 10 years ago)
Passed the KPMG SJT for the first time ever after about 4 attempts over the past few years :lol: Gotta wait until 2nd July to sit the verbal though now.
Reply 4
Anyone know when KPMG may open for graduate roles in transactions and restructuring?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
How do you know you passed btw? I got the impression you hadn't applied and they didn't tell you the result until they got back to work.

I hadnt applied but did earlier when I saw they were open. Filled in the form and got invited to the SJT straight away (always does this) and then did all of that. Straight after it said id been invited to a verbal test but had to wait until the 2nd July to sit it.
Ive never got past the SJT with KPMG but if their system is like the others if you pass you automatically get progressed to the next online test but if youve failed it says theyll be in touch soon.
Reply 6
Just used an alias to apply for 2013...schemes. Scored Average on both PwC tests but I used an 'abc' name and didn't fill in GCSEs or Degree modules lol.

Wonder if they'll progress me so I can practice my telephone int. Haha.
Anyone applying for KPMG, I'm happy to answer any questions on the application process (successful applicant last time round)
Reply 8
Like hedge man, I got an offer from KPMG this year (though I'm not working there due to reasons that are too boring to explain), having had no experience of finance or accountancy, so any humanities students out there applying who want some help or just people interested about how to pass the application process please ask any questions you have!
Reply 9
Does this sort of thing actually work [using dummy applications to practice tests]?

I'd be worried that when I submitted my proper application, it would be rejected for some reason. Perhaps because my I.P. address was attached to the dummy applications or something like that. :dontknow:

Don't think so...they'd need to spend money to track that. Anyhow I'll be applying whilst at uni :P
Reply 10
I did it just now and I see what you mean. It's definitely changed. They're supposed to manually review your application to see whether they want to progress it (check UCAS point requirements etc) after you've sat the SJT. Then they give you the link to sit the numerical and verbal tests. But now it gives you a straight verbal test invite based on your SJT score...

Huh, I wonder if they will only manually look at it if you pass the verbal (and numerical).

I suppose that saves them a lot of time and money rather than wasting it on people who can't pass their numerical/verbal tests. Something like 35% fall on this hurdle I think.

PwC have always had tests then review. If you don't hit average on the tests it's an automatic rejection.
Reply 11
I just failed the SJT...haha :frown:
Original post by davidwu
I just failed the SJT...haha :frown:

I really don't understand how to fail this test. What kind of answers did you go for in general?
Reply 13
Original post by Hedgeman49
I really don't understand how to fail this test. What kind of answers did you go for in general?

I don't understand either. Generally went for answers where I wouldn't be bothering the manager too much and just getting on with the job...maybe I had the wrong idea...
Reply 14
I'm applying this week also. Anyone got any idea why there are no assurance PwC roles for London in 2014 autumn? Bit miffed?!
Ernst and PwC are 1st July too. KPMG is already open.

When I search PwC vacancies none are showing for 2014 intake...
Reply 16
Looking at the application timetable from last year, the person who said applications for PwC open on 1st July is incorrect. http://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/student/applying/application-timetable.jhtml

I was told by a recruiter that they open at the earliest, in Autumn, 1st September.
Reply 17
So the graduate applications begins.. gahhh why do the big4 applications open so earlyyyy- I remembered when PwC opened they were filled within 2 weeks (London office) and then I had to wait for their remaining slots to open up again..Good luck to all!
Reply 18
So, EY, Deloitte, KPMG and PwC haven't opened their corporate finance/transactions and restructuring 2014 graduate programmes yet; does anyone have any idea when they will open? According to the link above, PwC will open theirs on the 3rd September, but does anyone have any information for the other 3? Or are they likely to just be opened randomly at any point from now?
Reply 19
EY haven't opened their main locations for Audit or Tax, looks like they are going to do it slowly over the next couple of days/weeks.

They do have Audit - Financial Services open bizarrely enough. Wouldn't traditional audit cover financial services clients? At this point, I'm not bothered what client sector I work within.

EY have always split FS from regular audit, so in regular audit you won't audit any banks, asset managers, insurance firms etc. The only reason I can think of for why FS audit may be open earlier is that it tends to be less popular than regular audit, therefore they may be wanting to get some early applications for it so as to finish recruitment at roughly the same time as regular audit.. there may be another, more likely reason though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending