The Student Room Group

Can I take my A Levels early?

So AS & A level exams are usually taken in May/June each year. I was wondering, is there anyway for me to arrange to take them early whenever I like? I mean both practical and written exams.

Who can I speak to about this?

So is it possible or not & if so how is all I want to know. I'm not interested in answers that tell me to take it in May/June like everyone else because there's a special reason I want to take it earlier, I had to start the academic year late because of some personal problems that's all.

Thanks in advance.
It's not possible to take written (non-coursework) exams early (or late), because that would mean the exam board would have to make a special test just for you, which they're not going to do because of obvious reasons. A Level exams are standardised so everyone sits the same paper at the same time. If you sat it early, what's to stop you leaking the questions?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Untrue. You can take it a year early.
Original post by WonderGirl100
So AS & A level exams are usually taken in May/June each year. I was wondering, is there anyway for me to arrange to take them early whenever I like? I mean both practical and written exams.

Who can I speak to about this?

So is it possible or not & if so how is all I want to know. I'm not interested in answers that tell me to take it in May/June like everyone else because there's a special reason I want to take it earlier, I had to start the academic year late because of some personal problems that's all.

Thanks in advance.

well you could take it a year early, but a few months early, probably not.

Quick Reply

Latest