The Student Room Group

BUNAC Work America 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi I am hoping to applying to Work America but i am unsure about a few things...

Do i still have to pay $600 (for a pre-arranged job) or $1000 (job hunting on arrival) if I have already had work arranged for myself?

Also, does bunac provide or seek accommodation for us before going to america?
Original post by andyboy001
Hi I am hoping to applying to Work America but i am unsure about a few things...

Do i still have to pay $600 (for a pre-arranged job) or $1000 (job hunting on arrival) if I have already had work arranged for myself?

Also, does bunac provide or seek accommodation for us before going to america?

Yes you have to have $600 or $1000 in support funds by UNITED STATES LAW - no way round that.

Some employers do provide acomodation
Reply 62
i definitely want to apply.
I wanted to last year but left it too late :/

And would love to go to California as well haha.
Original post by becki55
i definitely want to apply.
I wanted to last year but left it too late :/

And would love to go to California as well haha.

awesome :smile: - we could all be flight buddies if we go to the same place!!!
Reply 64
Haha, yeah sounds good!
Can't wait for this summer! :smile:
Reply 65
Everyone wants to go to Cali. :wink:
I did Work America this summer with BUNAC and it was honestly the best experience! I had the best summer of my life and made so many new friends... go for it guys you wont regret it!
Original post by lazyeyebailey
I did Work America this summer with BUNAC and it was honestly the best experience! I had the best summer of my life and made so many new friends... go for it guys you wont regret it!

Awesome - Where did you go and what did you do?
Original post by Jack22031994
Awesome - Where did you go and what did you do?

I worked in Ocean City, Maryland at Trimper's Rides! I was a Games Cashier first and then I worked in the Photo Emporium. I travelled there alone but made some amazing friends and a group of us did a road trip down the east coast through the Blue Ridge Mountains, and ended in Miami. We flew to New Orleans from there, and then I had to come home because I had to be back for my third year at uni but the others carried on and did the west coast. I also visited New York, Washington, Baltimore, Williamsburg and more... so many memories!
Reply 70

Awesome. :smile: How did you deal with home sickness?
I worked in Ocean City, Maryland at Trimper's Rides! I was a Games Cashier first and then I worked in the Photo Emporium. I travelled there alone but made some amazing friends and a group of us did a road trip down the east coast through the Blue Ridge Mountains, and ended in Miami. We flew to New Orleans from there, and then I had to come home because I had to be back for my third year at uni but the others carried on and did the west coast. I also visited New York, Washington, Baltimore, Williamsburg and more... so many memories!

That is so cool. I cant wait to go!!! :smile:
Original post by Ziplot
Awesome. :smile: How did you deal with home sickness?

To be honest, I rarely felt homesick! I thought I would miss home a lot but I was so busy that I had hardly had chance to miss home, and there were so many things going on that I'd would have been silly to feel down. Plus with modern technology you can see your friends and family so easily through Skype etc so its not really a problem, you just have to make the best of the experience while you're there, home will be waiting for you when you're done!
Reply 73
To be honest, I rarely felt homesick! I thought I would miss home a lot but I was so busy that I had hardly had chance to miss home, and there were so many things going on that I'd would have been silly to feel down. Plus with modern technology you can see your friends and family so easily through Skype etc so its not really a problem, you just have to make the best of the experience while you're there, home will be waiting for you when you're done!

Sounds great. :smile: Hopefully, BUNAC will open 2014 applications soon.
Reply 74
Applications for 2014 are open! :biggrin:
Original post by Ziplot
Applications for 2014 are open! :biggrin:

Wahoo!!!!! - Paid deposit yet?
Full fee is £670??????
Reply 77
Full fee is £670??????

Gone up by £200 hasn't it? The initial fee, that is.
Original post by Ziplot
Gone up by £200 hasn't it? The initial fee, that is.

Yeah - might not be able to afford it now :frown: - need to speak to parents but may have to leave until next year which could also be an issue as I have no idea when my graduation ceromany would be
Reply 79
Yeah - might not be able to afford it now :frown: - need to speak to parents but may have to leave until next year which could also be an issue as I have no idea when my graduation ceromany would be

Noo. Have it for part of your Christmas presents? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest