The Student Room Group

220 ucas points + 165 credits

Do I have any hope to get into university with 220 ucas points and 165 credits?

I've seen some universities and they need 280 ucas points... does it mean I can't apply to them through ucas because I don't meet the requirement? thanks
Reply 1
It would be best to contact the uni and speak to them regarding entry requirements. I spoke to Glasgow, and they didn't care how many UCAS points I had, but explained to me what they would accept in my situation (mature student). So get on the phone to whatever's uni you plan on applying to.

and don't forget you have missed the boat also, they may have places through clearing, but they can give you an indication regarding that also.
Reply 2
I have till sunday to apply to UCAS, I just recently got withrawn from university.

This leaves me with 220 UCAS points from when I left colege and 165 credits as I spent 2 years at uni...

I have seen places like Greenwich university who want 280 ucas points for the course I want to do... should I just take my chances and apply to 5 universities through UCAS or should I call up individual to see if they'd even consider me before applying.
Original post by 3ak16
I have till sunday to apply to UCAS, I just recently got withrawn from university.

This leaves me with 220 UCAS points from when I left colege and 165 credits as I spent 2 years at uni...

I have seen places like Greenwich university who want 280 ucas points for the course I want to do... should I just take my chances and apply to 5 universities through UCAS or should I call up individual to see if they'd even consider me before applying.

Given it is a Saturday and you have until Sunday to put in your application, I would suggest putting five applications in. If you can find the names of admissions tutors and their university email addresses from the internet and email them, there is a chance that between mowing their lawns and watching Wimbledon, they might reply.
Reply 4
Original post by nulli tertius
Given it is a Saturday and you have until Sunday to put in your application, I would suggest putting five applications in. If you can find the names of admissions tutors and their university email addresses from the internet and email them, there is a chance that between mowing their lawns and watching Wimbledon, they might reply.

Thank you!
Reply 5
Definitely just go ahead and apply - it seems unlikely you would get a response at the weekend. Good luck with your application :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending