The Student Room Group

Big Bang Theory vs Friends thread?

Poll

Big Bang Theory or Friends

which of them do you prefer and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Friends :biggrin: i love them both but Friends has that special thing, it always makes me laugh even though I have seen every episode 10 times each but TBBT doesn't make me laugh the second or third time round.
Reply 2
Original post by JordanS94
Friends :biggrin: i love them both but Friends has that special thing, it always makes me laugh even though I have seen every episode 10 times each but TBBT doesn't make me laugh the second or third time round.

I totally agree! :rolleyes: I can watch Friends countless times and it never gets old, but after watching an episode of TBBT once or twice it's just not funny to me anymore...
Reply 3
Original post by sam1w2e
I totally agree! :rolleyes: I can watch Friends countless times and it never gets old, but after watching an episode of TBBT once or twice it's just not funny to me anymore...

I think it might be the characters tbh in TBBT it seems like Sheldon carries the plot and show forward most of the time where as all of the characters in friends are just as funny and have great chemistry.
Reply 4
I never got the hype of friends. Like, yes it's funny, but I never got hooked to it. My brother has seen every episode several times, it's scary, but I just never got into it. So I think I prefer TBBT. The earlier season anyway. These days it is kinda meh. Sheldon is as ever awesome though, and Penny is just totally hot.
FRIENDS FOREVER! D'aww, I miss it :'(
The first time I watched Big Bang Theory, I fell in love! The witty geeky banter and constant Maths/Physics jokes was like a dream come true for me as no other programme out there made constant references to String Theory and Special Relativity :h:, I guess TBBT is only truly enjoyable if you are familiar with the Maths/Physics. Friends is always a good laugh and really does teach the viewer some valuable lessons in life :h:
Reply 7
I really don't get all this hype about The Big Bang Theory. Okay, it's amusing, but when I first saw it, I was rather disappointed, considering what people say about it. Friends is still funny for me even after having watched each episode several times (the fact that I answered all questions correctly on a round on Friends when watching Mastermind does worry me, though).

The real question is Friends or Frasier in my opinion.
Even comparing the two is ridiculous. We will not still be watching TBBT in ten years' time.
Reply 9
I boycott BBT. Because it portrays intelligent people as socially inept weirdos. Thanks media, as if it wasn't hard enough being a STEM student.
Just imagine what the hot chicks will look like...all saggy and menopausal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
that's a difficult one, friends is something I can watch at anytime during the day and feel happy, also you can watch an episode more than once and not get tired of it for some reason. with the big bang theory watching most episodes more than once gets boring but I do love Sheldon so for Sheldon I chose the big bang theory but only for Sheldon, if Sheldon were on friends than friends would have been my answer. :tongue:
Reply 12
I think that friends is better just because big bang theory seems to copy an awful lot of it's storylines from friends. love both shows though.
Reply 13
Original post by JordanS94

I loveeee TBBT but there is something about friends. I've watched every single episode about 4 or 5 times and I laugh every single time! Friends rocks.
Reply 14
Friends...I don't think anyone is as funny as Ross :biggrin:

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ryanb97
Friends...I don't think anyone is as funny as Ross :biggrin:

I see your Ross and raise you Chandler Bing
Original post by Phoebe Buffay

It's all about the Chanandler Bong
Reply 17

Original post by Anythingoo1
It's all about the Chanandler Bong

NOOOOOOO.. it would be nothing without ross..chandler only has the odd one liner ... but they are funny :biggrin:
Reply 18
AAH! Its like having to choose between two of my children, but I have to say Friends, because that's what its all about: friendship. BBT may be funny, and Sheldon is so cute, but I think the characters develop more in Friends, and grow up a bit more, so I say Friends :cool:

Lets just face it everyone in friends is hilarious :love:

Quick Reply

Latest