The Student Room Group

Big Bang Theory vs Friends thread?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hbk4894
which of them do you prefer and why?

Friends and i love it but I have to say that third rock from the sun beats them both for me (sorry to be the devils advocate lol)
Reply 21
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
Even comparing the two is ridiculous. We will not still be watching TBBT in ten years' time.

i think so that and HIMYM are the biggest sit-coms of this generation ,i bet there were some who diddnt think we would be watching the fresh prince of bell air or everybody loves raymond now too
Reply 22
Original post by usernme_
i think so that and HIMYM are the biggest sit-coms of this generation ,i bet there were some who diddnt think we would be watching the fresh prince of bell air or everybody loves raymond now too

I think the best sitcoms are Friend, HIMYM and Big Bang Theory!

Also not many people watch it but Cougar Town is pretty funny - has Courtney Cox in it from Friends. It's not amazing but it's a nice relaxing show to watch now and again.
Reply 23
Friends leading at the moment.
Reply 24
my choice is Big Bang theory though
Friends never became a ****ty show whereas big bang theory already has.
Reply 26
Friends had such a unique writing style for an american sitcom of the time, as the writers were all huge fans of british comedy, and it meant that they took a lot of their writing styling from shows like blackadder. This gave friends a unique feel, and made a standard of show that has been difficult to match even since it was first released (as stated by many media students I know).
TBBT is very much the typical american sitcom with a twist on the "clever" side. Though it's not as clever as it might seem. Sure, I'm not 100% on my physics, so there are occassions where I do feel a little confused, but I keep up with the majority of the show, and it tends to use "geek" comedy instead of "smart", ie, video games/comics. I find things like fraiser work my brain far more than TBBT ever has. Personally, I think The Big Bang Theory tries a little to hard to cover too many bases.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Big Bang is a bad tv show, I mean, it has good characters and interesting/fun storylines, but the general feel of the evolution of the show doesn't even stand near to friends. In fact, in my personal opinion, not many comedy shows do.

So for me, the vote goes to friends.
Friends! TBBT is funny in a different kind of way. I think the characters on Friends are more relatable whereas on TBBT they are slightly more unusual. Also, I feel that the characters on Friends evolved more with the seasons (except for Joey perhaps, not that I'm complaining:biggrin:).
friend definitely. ami the only one who doesnt find BBT amusing ?
Original post by Anythingoo1
It's all about the Chanandler Bong

Mrs. Chanandler Bong

btw.. dunno how late this is but who care, if someone posted this already sorry
Reply 30
Original post by BrainJuice
Mrs. Chanandler Bong

btw.. dunno how late this is but who care, if someone posted this already sorry

*Miss Chanandler Bong
:tongue:
Original post by nehaa96
*Miss Chanandler Bong
:tongue:

No!!! I have dishonored my self and my favorite show of all time, I will shoot my self now..

Bye.
Reply 32
Original post by BrainJuice
No!!! I have dishonored my self and my favorite show of all time, I will shoot my self now..

Bye.

Hahaha I'm sorry, it had to be done!
Reply 33
TBBT has declined faster than Pompey. Regardless, even at its peak it couldn't touch Friends in my opinion.
Reply 34
I very much doubt The Big Bang Theory will prove popular in terms of longevity. It's big at the moment, but it won't have the legacy Friends had. Friends changed TV in a lot of ways - it was an ensemble cast, who all negotiated contracts together, and it provided a lot of era-defining moments. It's popularity transcended culture with things like 'the Rachel haircut' etc.
Original post by GB1996
TBBT has declined faster than Pompey. Regardless, even at its peak it couldn't touch Friends in my opinion.

First things first, Friends is my favorite show of all time, nothing in my mind will ever beat it.

But are you kidding yourself, the new season of TBBT is so good, yes the one before it wasn't that great but this one OMG. I'm guessing you live in the UK like me and haven't seen it yet because it hasn't aired yet. It's really funny.

Chuck Lorre pisses me of because a lot of his shows have episodes similar to Friends story lines, like in 2and1/2 men where Alan gets a porshe and starts calling it porshaaa, like Joey. There are so many more in TBBT, that's the only thing that pisses me off about his shows.
Results of this poll restored my faith in humanity.
Big Bang theory is the greatest thing to grace our screens after friends, friends is the original classic.
OK it's time for my opinion on anyone else's is irrelevant. Friends is complete rubbish. I forced myself through all 10 painful seasons, trying to like it. The jokes are completely and utterly unfunny, and it might just be that the reason for that is that the characters really suck. Chandler is a pratt who thinks he is funny, Monica just annoys me because she is always screaming about something or the other, Phoebe is literally evil and her voice sounds like a sheep (baaaaaaaaaaa) and Joey is a like a sexist old man, itemising women whenever he can. Notice I saved two for last. Ross and Rachel are absolute dicks. The writers were, in a way, sexist with Rachel's character. She is self centered, whiny and acts all delicate; notice how none of the men are like this due to the writers stereotyping women. Ross is an absoulte sexist anyway, he slept with another woman during a break, not a breakup, stayed married to Rachel without telling her, and said another woman's name at the alter. This can be imitable behaviour if some young children are viewing.On the other hand, TBBT is a MASTAPIECE HOLY ****TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTthere, Ive made my point. Screw every other point, mine is the holy grail of all points.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 39
I find both pretty unfunny

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending