The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine at VFU Brno

Scroll to see replies

No papers can be given out, spoke to Michaela today. Learn some normal medical terms terms like what hematopoiesis means for example... Or what happens in the skin when a person is cold, vast construction or dilation. Good luck for the test!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Fabisherenow
No papers can be given out, spoke to Michaela today. Learn some normal medical terms terms like what hematopoiesis means for example... Or what happens in the skin when a person is cold, vast construction or dilation. Good luck for the test!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a bummer. All right, will do!
Hi
Some advice please? My son has recently taken the entrance exam ( approx 3 weeks ago) but the agent is now not replying to emails.
Any help welcolme as he is obviously becoming quite frustrated!

Many thanks
Original post by LeotheKat
Hi
Some advice please? My son has recently taken the entrance exam ( approx 3 weeks ago) but the agent is now not replying to emails.

Many thanks

First of all, don't panic. Best order would be to pester via phone call the agent but simultaneously ring Michaela Ticha if she has been in receipt of test papers regarding your son.

She will be fully aware that the agent has problems every year with our university, as did I and many people who work through IMS.

The agent will probably tell you a) you didn't get in but Warsaw is still available b) you are on a waiting list but on request of your sons mark, they won't be able to quote it.

Ring both the agent and Michaela without informing the agent you have done so and seek further clarification through her and your agent.

Hopefully that helps.

Regards :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi

Many thanks

As a further note, don't believe a word the agent tells you. They tend to be evasive and often contradictory in their manner so best action would be seek further clarification from Michaela if possible by phone call or email at worst.

I assume your son is British? If so feel free to contact me directly (British also). :biggrin:

I am a going into 3rd year and currently the most senior Brit here by year.

Fingers crossed for your son :smile:
Many thanks, I have passed on the info to my son who will contact you directly if he has anymore questions.

Thanks again
Many thanks, I have passed on the info to my son who will contact you directly if he has anymore questions.

Thanks again

Absolutely no worries. If your son has the drive to make this decision to come here then he deserves all the help he can get.
Reply 27

Thanks again

I hear you! I just suffered a huge financial loss due to IMS myself, so here's a bunch of address you can write to them at. I've found that being excessively rude and threatening consequences are the only way to get them to reply. Fabian is absolutely about their habit of contradicting themselves.
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Kobi Mono seems to be in a higher position since the matter needs to be escalated I would contact him as soon as possible. I hope this helps you!
Hi Fabian, I'm an Irish student looking to study vet med probably next year. But I was wondering what made you pock Brno over Kosice or Warsaw?
Original post by CaitrionaS77
Hi Fabian, I'm an Irish student looking to study vet med probably next year. But I was wondering what made you pock Brno over Kosice or Warsaw?

Warsaw doesn't have EU accred and ongoing issues with racism. Kosice is popular choice but quality of life here is I believe better down to it being large university city and being Czech. Vienna and Prague just short coach journey away. Plus from what I understand the huge amount of funding in Brno is going to make it very hard not to turn down. Brno is also just a beautiful city, a university city. But Kosice and Brno are both good unis. Hope that helps.
Yeah I would imagine Irish people would not be the most popular in Poland at the minute. How many english-speaking people are on your course and where are they mainly from? (sorry, I have a lot of questions)
Original post by CaitrionaS77

On the basis you are Caucasian you will have zero problem in Warsaw etc but its very campus only life there. Its not integral to big city life whereas I live in city centre in Brno and I love the fact I am in the city as opposed to on a campus all the time like Warsaw. Kosice again is very good and know a few people there atm. But maybe its bias maybes its not but my cohort is so mixed, Swedish, Norwegian, Israeli. Greek and Brits are coming... And we have had a huge amount funding recently and brand new buildings are thrown up on campus all the time. I mean if you aren't convinced I am back in September. If you ever wanted to have a tour I would much oblige. :smile:
HI EVERYONE!

This is FabIsHereNow. Retiring this account because its a bit too incognito and I keep forgetting its my username.
So if any questions please get at me on this account.
Fabian

Just to confirm that it is me... haha :smile:
Reply 35
Hi there:smile:

Bit of a while since anyone has said anything on this thread but I am currently looking into several European vet schools, one of which is Warsaw. On looking at the IMS (international Medicine Studies) website that you apply through to these universities, It says 'Graduates of this programme receive a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) degree from this accredited EU university' It also says that Warsaw vet school is a member establishment on the EAVE website. On the Warsaw vet school website it also says' In the year 2000, the faculty was approved by EAVE'. I dont know if Im missing something here because the original post on this thread said that Warsaw was not accredited by EAVE? Just want to clarify it before I officially apply!
Original post by BioVet2
Hi there:smile:

Bit of a while since anyone has said anything on this thread but I am currently looking into several European vet schools, one of which is Warsaw. On looking at the IMS (international Medicine Studies) website that you apply through to these universities, It says 'Graduates of this programme receive a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (D.V.M.) degree from this accredited EU university' It also says that Warsaw vet school is a member establishment on the EAVE website. On the Warsaw vet school website it also says' In the year 2000, the faculty was approved by EAVE'. I dont know if Im missing something here because the original post on this thread said that Warsaw was not accredited by EAVE? Just want to clarify it before I officially apply!

Only recently did they get conditional accreditation (as of 12/12/2014) they had not had it for years prior. This conditional approval lasts for 5 years and the course is 5 and half so there is no guarantee that when you finish you will be EAEVE approved… if they fail in 5 years or before.

The conditional approval is because they found a major deficiency in the practice at Warsaw.

As of 2013. Brno was approved having no major deficiencies meaning for about 10 more years it will have EAEVE approval.

The IMS website is historically deficient in several parts of information and needs updating regarding its application process for Brno.

Hope this helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
That helps loads thank you! I have been looking into Budapest, which is accredited and will look into some other European ones. Thanks again :smile:
Hello!
I'm sorry if this has been asked- How do i apply?
I have emailed the university for some advice but i have had nothing back yet.
Thanks!:smile:
Original post by lucydavies
Hello!
I'm sorry if this has been asked- How do i apply?
I have emailed the university for some advice but i have had nothing back yet.
Thanks!:smile:

http://www.ims-medstudy.com/

Remember ONLY the first date is valid for the test. Not the second. So if you have missed the deadline for the first date then you will have to wait for next year. Also do not do the pre course. And wait to pay the registrations fee. The initial cost is fine (200 Euros or whatever). Also do not be coerced into going to Warsaw. It is not unusual that IMS have outlined their desire for students to go to Warsaw... This is all my opinion but I give you fore warning. :smile:

I hope this helps. Read all the threads for extra info.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending