The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Applicants for 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Daniel__
No problem :smile:. I got accepted for Biochemical Engineering.

Awesome ! 😃 What's you condition ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Oceanica
Awesome ! ������ What's you condition ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Luckily only AAB :biggrin: due to my interview. How about you?

Cool ! Mine is 39 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4423
Cool ! Mine is 39 😁

Oh hey, another fellow IB student! What subject is your offer for? What IB subjects for you do, and good luck with your exams!
[QUOTE="Nick96;47527771"]
Cool ! Mine is 39 😁

Oh hey, another fellow IB student! What subject is your offer for? What IB subjects for you do, and good luck with your exams!

Thank you soo much and good luck to you too ! 😃
My offer is for natural sciences and my IB subjects are - Phy , Chem and Math HL ; English, Economics and Hindi SL.
How about you ? And which subject is your offer for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys, does anyone have nore information about the process of getting scholarships/bursaries from UCL? I'm aware that they select and match you to some according to your needs but do I need to apply for some as well? Plus, when do I hear back? Engineering student here, if that helps.
Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got into Biochemical engineering as well :biggrin:. But why is my conditional offer higher than yours. That is so unfair.
Reply 4427
[QUOTE="Oceanica;47539422"]
Original post by Nick96

Thank you soo much and good luck to you too ! ������
My offer is for natural sciences and my IB subjects are - Phy , Chem and Math HL ; English, Economics and Hindi SL.
How about you ? And which subject is your offer for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My offer (36, 17 @ HL, 5 in Geography and Biology) is for Geology (BSc). I do the following subjects for IB: HL Biology, Geography, Chinese, Film Studies; SL Maths, English (Lang & Lit).

Have to say, quite glad that nearly half my exams are over! :3
Original post by desslop
I got into Biochemical engineering as well :biggrin:. But why is my conditional offer higher than yours. That is so unfair.

That's nice to hear, hope I see you come September. I'm unsure, I imagine it wasn't common as I seemed to have made a good impression on my interviewer, and we started to discuss what I'd be capable of getting etc and we and I guess we could say, we came to a compromise :wink:. Btw what is your offer?
[QUOTE="Nick96;47544898"]

My offer (36, 17 @ HL, 5 in Geography and Biology) is for Geology (BSc). I do the following subjects for IB: HL Biology, Geography, Chinese, Film Studies; SL Maths, English (Lang & Lit).

Have to say, quite glad that nearly half my exams are over! :3

Coolio !
Yeah seriously it's like a victory " finally got through IB !!" 😜
Anyways we'll meet in September !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heyy Thank You sooo much for the repy ! :smile: been busy with exams so didn't get time to check this. But anyways we can connect after the exams and get to know other people who'd be attending UCL. So that presuming we all meet our offers (fingers crossed ������); once we arrive in there we already know a few people.
God ! that sounds so cool ! We'd soon be in UCL ������

No probs, I bet aha good luck in your exams!

Sounds good to me :')
Quick question guys, I have an offer for History of A*AA. Does it matter which subject you get the A* in? UCL didn't stipulate which subject I had to achieve it in.

If I got it say, in French, would I be at a disadvantage in terms fulfilling offer criteria compared to someone who got the A* in History?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doubt you have to get the A* in history, I got in for history too, with an A in history at A2 (post-alevel applicant here btw).

Good luck with your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RAccurso
Doubt you have to get the A* in history, I got in for history too, with an A in history at A2 (post-alevel applicant here btw).

Good luck with your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh ok, which was the subject that you got an A* in? Just worried, as I was predicted an A* in History, but now it's statistically impossible for me to get it as I didn't do well in my coursework. Getting an A will be fine though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's nice to hear, hope I see you come September. I'm unsure, I imagine it wasn't common as I seemed to have made a good impression on my interviewer, and we started to discuss what I'd be capable of getting etc and we and I guess we could say, we came to a compromise :wink:. Btw what is your offer?

I do IB and my offer is 38/45.
I'm doing IB and my offer is 39/45 but after the math exam today I just wanted to ask how much flexible the offer's are ? Also I'm an international student so would that be of any help if I get say a 37-38 or (though unlikely) a 36 ? Btw I've accepted UCL as my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by gracelich
Ahh ok, which was the subject that you got an A* in? Just worried, as I was predicted an A* in History, but now it's statistically impossible for me to get it as I didn't do well in my coursework. Getting an A will be fine though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they wanted the A* in a particular subject it would have said it on UCAS where it says this offer is subject to you obtaining... :smile:
I'm doing IB and my offer is 39/45 but after the math exam today I just wanted to ask how much flexible the offer's are ? Also I'm an international student so would that be of any help if I get say a 37-38 or (though unlikely) a 36 ? Btw I've accepted UCL as my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG ME TOO. We're not allowed to talk about the exam for another 16 hours or so, but remember, the ia and paper 3 also count! What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't get any A*s (got three As), so I guess the A* isn't all that important to them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also I feel your pain, my history coursework brought my whole grade down to an A as well, stupid coursework looool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending