The Student Room Group

AS revision/text book recommendations

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
I only used the Nelson-Thornes textbook (the AQA sponsored one) nd the CGP revision guide. The official textbook was good for obtaining the core knowledge, but I didn't really like using it. I much preceded the CGP revision guide. I didn't use the Collins unit, but if its that blue one I think you're talking about, my chemistry teacr did advise us to get it, so it may be good - I haven't used it personally though

Cheers mate, I shall pass this advice on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goldengirlss
please help. i am very very confused actually i am going to give my gce alevel exams in 2014 and there are too much codes such as biology paper1,2,3,4,5,6,42,52,66,67 and some of their are aslevel some are a2 but as i told you that i will give both(alevel) in may/june 2014 so what are my subject codes? because i will give as and a2 exams at once..

You need to know your exam board and then the syllabus for exam that you'll be sitting. The exam code stays the same every year for the particular unit exam. So my unit one edexcel chem exam was something like ch601 and my unit two was along the lines of ch602. The other units followed the same pattern. Hopefully it should be a bit easier to work out now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone who took all papers of the Cambridge International A Level course in the same examination session?
anyone who took all papers of the Cambridge International A Level course in the same examination session can please tell me how much biology papers did he/she give such as paper1 p2 p3.. and what was paper's code? such as 42,52,66 or what please heeeeelp. i am a pre med student ang asking about chemistry physics nd biology
hey friends
is that possible to prepare myself for o and a both levels in 9 months to get good grades without going anywhere such as school and other institutes just by studying at home and with the help of internet.O yeah important thing i have chosen 8subjects 5 for o level and 3 for alevel (chm,phy,bio,eng,mth) for o and again (bio,chm,phy) for advance level so please experts need your suggestions pleeeeeeeeeeease help me..
Reply 24
For anyone who is doing edexcel biology I have both the AS and A2 student handbooks for sale as well as an AS revision guide - message me if interested :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest