The Student Room Group

Help!!!

Hi guys!

I'm pretty confused at the moment and I'm hoping someone can help me out!
Long story short.... I did BEd primary education 3 years ago, failed my final exam due to financial difficulties so I was withdrawn.
This year after 3 years being in a dead end job I decided to go back to education so I applied thru ucas for the same course I did previously AND 3 others, all of which came back with an unsuccesful decision.
(I also went to my previous uni open night and the lecturer actually told me not to get my hopes up about getting a place as they wouldn't accept me again) so the unsuccessful reply wasn't exactly a shock. In the meantime I've applied for a HNC college course with the hope of going to uni next year!
Yesterday, 3 months after getting an unsuccesful decision on ucas from the uni, I got an email from the head lecturer from the education department at the uni inviting me for an interview.
How am I getting an interview if I've already being rejected?
Don't get me wrong I'm elated to be given a chance but I thought a rejection was iron clad so to speak, anybody experienced anything like this before??

Thanks in advance guys!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lmcd1
Hi guys!

I'm pretty confused at the moment and I'm hoping someone can help me out!
Long story short.... I did BEd primary education 3 years ago, failed my final exam due to financial difficulties so I was withdrawn.
This year after 3 years being in a dead end job I decided to go back to education so I applied thru ucas for the same course I did previously AND 3 others, all of which came back with an unsuccesful decision.
(I also went to my previous uni open night and the lecturer actually told me not to get my hopes up about getting a place as they wouldn't accept me again) so the unsuccessful reply wasn't exactly a shock. In the meantime I've applied for a HNC college course with the hope of going to uni next year!
Yesterday, 3 months after getting an unsuccesful decision on ucas from the uni, I got an email from the head lecturer from the education department at the uni inviting me for an interview.
How am I getting an interview if I've already being rejected?
Don't get me wrong I'm elated to be given a chance but I thought a rejection was iron clad so to speak, anybody experienced anything like this before??

Thanks in advance guys!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

A university can change their decision at any time up until the day of enrolment.

Also, don't forget that if you have done three years at university, you will lose 3 years of funding. So if you do a 2 year HNC/HND you'll only get a maintenance loan, and no tuition fee's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending