The Student Room Group

grades and offer flexibility

Firstly as I've not posted on here before, Hi everyone. I've actually been a lurker on TSR for ages and have always been able to find the answers to my questions without needing to post. However this time that appears not to be the case. Also before I begin, any opinions, advice or prior experience are most welcome.
Basically after being rejected from Cambridge in January, I received confirmation from the University of Bristol that they had made me a conditional offer of ABB. Anyway I'm not trying to showoff and I don't want to seem arrogant, but I've alway been quite a high achieving student and have already got an A* in Biology from last year. This year I took Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. I'm absolutely sure I've done well in Maths, but I've been unwell for about a year now and just before my other exams my doctor put me on a transdermal fentanyl (like morphine) patch. It's the first time I've taken that type of medicine and I could barely stay conscious. I have a letter explaining that that might happen and asking if I could take my exams at another time, also the college has been kept well informed of my situation. So basically my question is this would they except the grades A*A*C.
Thanks for your help,

Marc
Reply 1
This is down to individual courses within the university. For example last year a lot of people got into their spot with grades much lower (for example, AAA and they got AAC - This was for Uni of Nottingham). However, you might be going for something science based and they tend to be far less lenient. They have already decided they want you and if you come close to their grades they probably will be happy, also you should be able to get a letter of concerning your circumstances which should help you get into the university.
But it is all to the department in the Uni to decide.
Good luck ;3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending