The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Two 30 credit courses

Hello!

I started working towards a Bsc in IT and Computing in 2011, did two 30 credit units in a year, and then took a break. I found it fairly manageable because i've worked in IT for about 15 years.

I'm determined to carry on this year, i've spoken to the relevant people and will be applying for a student loan, but due to my new line of work i've decided to go for IT and Computing with a second subject (business studies).

I'm slightly concerned that in order to achieve my degree i'm going to have to take on 60 credits a year again, and whilst that was okay with IT, i've not really got much idea about business studies! Is taking on 2 courses manageable? The 2 units are B120 (Introduction to business studies) and B122 (introduction to retail management and marketing). They both start in October and end in March so only 6 months, how have other people coped with taking on 2 units at a time?
Reply 1
I did B120 a couple of years ago and actually quite enjoyed it. Running 2 level 1 courses concurrently is definitely do-able, the only issue comes when the TMA's for both are due at around the same time (which seems to happen quite often unfortunately).
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Both of those courses have an April-September presentation, as well as an October-March one - if you're worried about taking on two things at once, why not do them one after the other? You'd still do 60 credits in the year, just spread out more.

Quick Reply

Latest